Eric Duncan

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

The title for this thread is a joke. Wait until it opens, and if it bombs, then change the title to that. 

If it opens to 70M (I'm not saying it will), I bet no one is going to change the title to "date not changed for good reason"

• Like 1

For real though, they need to move the movie. It's pretty clear just from the Thursday pre-sales this is not living up to expectations (100% due to coronavirus and not people just not being interested in the film, they clearly are), and today the panic is really starting to erupt, with the NCAA March Madness announcement, and E3 as well. This movie will not live up to its potential if it's released next Friday. This thing can be huge, especially since it's apparently very very good like the first one. But if it's released next Friday, I think it'll make less than the first film did in its opening weekend and will have worse legs. 

I would guess the budget for this is also probably like $40m at least?

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

For real though, they need to move the movie. It's pretty clear just from the Thursday pre-sales this is not living up to expectations (100% due to coronavirus and not people just not being interested in the film, they clearly are), and today the panic is really starting to erupt, with the NCAA March Madness announcement, and E3 as well. This movie will not live up to its potential if it's released next Friday. This thing can be huge, especially since it's apparently very very good like the first one. But if it's released next Friday, I think it'll make less than the first film did in its opening weekend and will have worse legs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit more even. It has many set pieces and a more expansive world... but twice the budget from the first one seems reasonable. You double the budget you double the profits, that's a known fact. 

I feel things are changing very fast. I feel like a delay is the best option, possibly the only option soon enough. Not that I believe things will get super bad, but the actions to contain the situation might be extremely disrruptive, like in Italy. 

Edit: case in point, it seems as I was typing this the NBA suspended the season. 

Edited by SofNascimento
  • Like 2

NBA did suspend it's season.

And at his point you have to ask about AQP2: Is this the kind of movie .with it;s apocatlptic setting something that people will want to go see when they can get scared enough just watching the evening news?

That has to be taken into consideration.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Pinacolada said:

Yeah, a movie with an apocalyptic setting might not be what people are in the mood to go see right now,no matter how well done.

Edited by dudalb

17 hours ago, DAJK said:

The title for this thread is a joke. Wait until it opens, and if it bombs, then change the title to that. 

If it opens to 70M (I'm not saying it will), I bet no one is going to change the title to "date not changed for good reason"

If it opens to 70m then Paramount assisted in the spread of Coronavirus to thousands of people at minimum

Edited by The Panda
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No surprises. I take this is wordwide? The pre-order is already up here and I was waiting to buy the ticket to the last moment. 

I wonder if reviews will still be hitting next week? A lot of people have watched this film and they were doing interviews just as usual.

3 minutes ago, SofNascimento said:

No surprises. I take this is wordwide? The pre-order is already up here and I was waiting to buy the ticket to the last moment. 

I wonder if reviews will still be hitting next week? A lot of people have watched this film and they were doing interviews just as usual.