Jump to content

Eric Furiosa

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

Recommended Posts

The title for this thread is a joke. Wait until it opens, and if it bombs, then change the title to that. 

 

If it opens to 70M (I'm not saying it will), I bet no one is going to change the title to "date not changed for good reason"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



For real though, they need to move the movie. It's pretty clear just from the Thursday pre-sales this is not living up to expectations (100% due to coronavirus and not people just not being interested in the film, they clearly are), and today the panic is really starting to erupt, with the NCAA March Madness announcement, and E3 as well. This movie will not live up to its potential if it's released next Friday. This thing can be huge, especially since it's apparently very very good like the first one. But if it's released next Friday, I think it'll make less than the first film did in its opening weekend and will have worse legs. 

 

I would guess the budget for this is also probably like $40m at least?

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

For real though, they need to move the movie. It's pretty clear just from the Thursday pre-sales this is not living up to expectations (100% due to coronavirus and not people just not being interested in the film, they clearly are), and today the panic is really starting to erupt, with the NCAA March Madness announcement, and E3 as well. This movie will not live up to its potential if it's released next Friday. This thing can be huge, especially since it's apparently very very good like the first one. But if it's released next Friday, I think it'll make less than the first film did in its opening weekend and will have worse legs. 

 

I would guess the budget for this is also probably like $40m at least?

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit more even. It has many set pieces and a more expansive world... but twice the budget from the first one seems reasonable. You double the budget you double the profits, that's a known fact. 

 

I feel things are changing very fast. I feel like a delay is the best option, possibly the only option soon enough. Not that I believe things will get super bad, but the actions to contain the situation might be extremely disrruptive, like in Italy. 

Edit: case in point, it seems as I was typing this the NBA suspended the season. 

Edited by SofNascimento
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



NBA did suspend it's season.

And at his point you have to ask about AQP2: Is this the kind of movie .with it;s apocatlptic setting something that people will want to go see when they can get scared enough just watching the evening news?

That has to be taken into consideration.

Edited by dudalb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pinacolada said:

For real though, they need to move the movie. It's pretty clear just from the Thursday pre-sales this is not living up to expectations (100% due to coronavirus and not people just not being interested in the film, they clearly are), and today the panic is really starting to erupt, with the NCAA March Madness announcement, and E3 as well. This movie will not live up to its potential if it's released next Friday. This thing can be huge, especially since it's apparently very very good like the first one. But if it's released next Friday, I think it'll make less than the first film did in its opening weekend and will have worse legs. 

 

I would guess the budget for this is also probably like $40m at least?

Yeah, a movie with an apocalyptic setting might not be what people are in the mood to go see right now,no matter how well done.

Edited by dudalb
Link to comment
Share on other sites



17 hours ago, DAJK said:

The title for this thread is a joke. Wait until it opens, and if it bombs, then change the title to that. 

 

If it opens to 70M (I'm not saying it will), I bet no one is going to change the title to "date not changed for good reason"

If it opens to 70m then Paramount assisted in the spread of Coronavirus to thousands of people at minimum

Edited by The Panda
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites







No surprises. I take this is wordwide? The pre-order is already up here and I was waiting to buy the ticket to the last moment. 

I wonder if reviews will still be hitting next week? A lot of people have watched this film and they were doing interviews just as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





3 minutes ago, SofNascimento said:

No surprises. I take this is wordwide? The pre-order is already up here and I was waiting to buy the ticket to the last moment. 

I wonder if reviews will still be hitting next week? A lot of people have watched this film and they were doing interviews just as usual.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites













Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.