Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

So, thanks to an Atom deal, I have opening weekend tickets to Venom for next Saturday morning.  Here's hoping it's worth the $3/ticket I paid (I paid $5.50/ticket for opening weekend tickets for Smallfoot this weekend, but kids have less options:)...1st 2 movies for my fall viewing (gonna try to see Clock, but with no deals, we're leaning to waiting for the cheap theater, since only my oldest 2 girls and I would be going...and that theater happens to be the cheapest AND closest to me)...

On September 21, 2018 at 3:00 PM, TMP said:

This is gonna be the first time we're seeing a south asian actor in one of these big super hero films, so of course they make him the most moustache-twirling evil businessman they could think of. Way to do my man Riz dirty after The Night Of.

Times are changing, villains need diversity too.

The marketing seems to making little attempt to sell this film to the General audience, big mistake in IMHO.

From the projectin, this is looking to be a midrange success, it will make money for SONY, but not enerate the kind of heat needed to get their "Spideyverse" going.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

The marketing seems to making little attempt to sell this film to the General audience, big mistake in IMHO.

From the projectin, this is looking to be a midrange success, it will make money for SONY, but not enerate the kind of heat needed to get their "Spideyverse" going.

I'm still predicting big numbers for Venom (70+mil) but it feels like A Star is Born has way better marketing and lets face it, it will have better reviews as well. If Venom gets mixed to negative reviews I will only go so high.