Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

51 minutes ago, AndyK said:

May be the studio didn't think it made enough money, that has nothing to do with audience perception.

The data clearly shows the audience enjoyed it more than the critics, thats the question you asked, I gave an answer.

The data does not clearly show that though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The data does not clearly show that though.

It does, by the cinemascore and the audience approval rating.

I don't know what other metrics you can use, clearly the total number of bums on seats is not a usable metric.

5 hours ago, Nova said:

Looks like a moving turd. The marketing team is just warning audiences of what to expect. 

:hahaha:

I'm sorry but this works for me. moving turd, turd in the wind, sounds like a must see. Marketing for this is fun af you gotta give them that. Venom is putting a smile on people's faces and that's a good thing. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I think Sony just sucks complete balls at marketing anything that isn't a Fincher movie

prolly because the finch is just as controlling w/ the paratexts as with the movie itself. pretty sure some of those sony emails mentioned how much of a say he has in the marketing of his movies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

prolly because the finch is just as controlling w/ the paratexts as with the movie itself. pretty sure some of those sony emails mentioned how much of a say he has in the marketing of his movies.

He maybe lost some of those privilege after Dragoon tattoo debacle (say being able to choose strange release date and try to sell it has the feel bad Christmas movie), but yes he apparently got full marketing control on some projects.

Rudin and Sony speaking with Sorkin that really wanted to have Fincher on Steve Jobs

Scott Rudin wrote:

You don’t think $40m to shoot three scenes is enough?  Do YOU want every control given to him, including the entire marketing campaign?  This is the director who refused to put the girl with the dragon tattoo in the ads for THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.

Sorkin to respond:

You're not going to get an argument from me on that. I wrote the least expensive movie I know how to write. And while I think he can be of enormous value when it comes to marketing (the materials for TSN were fantastic), no, I'd be uncomfortable with him having control because there's always the risk that the billboards will say, "Anyone who doesn't see this movie is an asshole". But is there nothing in the middle that would make everyone happy?

Has for the lack of being able to use the franchise name in the ads for the Girls with the dragon Tattoo movie, we see that Sony is getting all that itch fix with the new one.....

Or is stunt of using real metal to do razor shaped posted that apparently back fired for the studio after some theater staff cut themselves with those and had to be removed from circulation:

Edited by Barnack
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

True that... Fincher trailers feel like Fincher oversaw them at the least

33 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I think Sony just sucks complete balls at marketing anything that isn't a Fincher movie

considering that Venom will make in a week what Dragoon Tattoo did in its entire run, I'd say Venom's turd ads clobber DT's faux arthouse style that failed to sell. 

6 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I still have my doubts whether this guy actually watches movies early or not. Unlike Vieweranon or other people who have a consistent track record regardless of whether their feelings on a movie match up with critics and audiences or not, this guy has never given any concrete proof that he does.

• Like 2