Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

@MCKillswitch123 DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH

Absolutely astonishingly bad weekend

http://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_3_a_6_maio_2018_184425af054dc12812.pdf

Avengers dominated and that was it. Beirut mega bombed, Midnight Sun mega bombed, Terminator 2 3D mega bombed. The Portuguese movie Ruth imploding in the most legendary way possible. That PTA is the most amazing and horrifying thing I have ever seen. A Quiet Place did ok, I guess? It opened well below Insidious: The Last Key so take that as you want lmao.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocho said:

My brother has movie pass and has had to buy tickets for other movies to see IW 4 times. He said he purchased BP and Wrinkle to keep it in the Disney family. Maybe that's why BP has remained stable?

It does make you wonder how much of an impact (if any) Moviepass' policy update restricting repeat viewings has had on AIW, and will continue to have going forward on tentpole features.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Related image

That makes zero sense.

I posted several tweets in the Love, Simon thread from people who have seen the movie 10, 15, even 20 times. There were many others I did not post not to mention countless reports of people who saw it 5+ times. The film did not attract a huge audience but a surprising number of people saw it many, many times, undoubtedly due to MoviePass. IW may have some dedicated fans but they still have a ways to go to match the intensity of the hardcore Simon fans.

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

http://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_3_a_6_maio_2018_184425af054dc12812.pdf

Avengers dominated and that was it. Beirut mega bombed, Midnight Sun mega bombed, Terminator 2 3D mega bombed. The Portuguese movie Ruth imploding in the most legendary way possible. That PTA is the most amazing and horrifying thing I have ever seen. A Quiet Place did ok, I guess? It opened well below Insidious: The Last Key so take that as you want lmao.

You guys are just getting T23D? :lol: 

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You guys are just getting T23D? :lol: 

No wonder James Cameron needs to say something at this moment.

Just like what he did to wonder woman when T2 3D re-released in State 

36 minutes ago, CJohn said:

You've got Eurovision next week too!

Does it ever impact box office?

2 hours ago, Finnick said:

$37.5M  yesterday  (Sunday) According to Deadline and $115.5M Weekend,

http://deadline.com/2018/05/avengers-infinity-war-second-weekend-box-office-overboard-tully-bad-samaritan-1202382713/

Been away for a while, seen IW 3 times and like it more every time. It is now my favorite Marvel movie.

Great. Definitely seems Saturday was hurt by Cinco de Mayo activities. Ultron boxing match Part II.

48 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I posted several tweets in the Love, Simon thread from people who have seen the movie 10, 15, even 20 times. There were many others I did not post not to mention countless reports of people who saw it 5+ times. The film did not attract a huge audience but a surprising number of people saw it many, many times, undoubtedly due to MoviePass. IW may have some dedicated fans but they still have a ways to go to match the intensity of the hardcore Simon fans.

lol wut? You're talking about a movie that has already made over $450M at the box office vs. one that has made $40M. Of course there are many people that have already seen Infinity War several times (hell, I know a dude who's already seen it four times and is most likely going back twice more at least). Don't get that far in such a short amount of time with just "some dedicated fans." I know you're not one of Infinity War's biggest fans (and one of the bigger Love, Simon fans around here) but come on man.

Edited by filmlover

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol wut? You're talking about a movie that has already made over $450M at the box office vs. one that has made $40M. Of course there are many people that have already seen Infinity War several times (hell, I know a dude who's already seen it four times and is most likely going back twice more at least). Don't get that far in such a short amount of time with just "some dedicated fans." I know you're not one of Infinity War's biggest fans (and one of the bigger Love, Simon fans around here) but come on man.

You’re confusing the number of people who have seen a movie once or twice with the number of people who have seen a movie 10+ times. It’s only day 11 for IW so I am sure it will catch up but as it stands now, I am confident more people have seen LS 10+ times than have seen IW 10+ times. My opinion on this might change in a couple of months but that’s how it is today. 

• Like 1

Domestic:  $450,806,540    38.7%
Foreign:  $714,603,260    61.3%

Worldwide:  $1,165,409,800

upward adjusted by more than 1.3m for OS figure

Considering we have around nearly 200 million coming from domestic and overseas markets and china yet to come on board, Already an epic gross. 

• Like 3