That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

6 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Great weekend for IW. One of the better 3rd weekend drops for MCU. 

Will be pretty close to 600M after Sunday. Very interested in seeing how it’ll fare against direct competitions.  

• Like 1

So the gap between IW and TFA through their third weekends is 194m. As I've mentioned prior, TFA didn't have that exceptional of a run after weekend 3. It's not entirely impossible IW could have a similar run from this point and avoid the gap widening by much. If that happened, it could go as high as 720. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

holy shit you have an Avatar now! Congrats. Now we just need Dulap to get one too.

Agreed with your post

giphy.gif

Btw, I found some new footage for Avatar 2 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It feels like there is something fishy going on with A Wrinkle In Time.

More like Disney undershot it. The Sunday projection was a 44.7% decrease...on Mother's Day (the only reason it was re-released in the first place).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

The funny part is Disney still has to ride WiT out like another 3 months before this fudge pays off. 

Already did no ? Made over 1 million in box office, the move was maybe nearly free and already very profitable for them (and theater happy to have something to play the afternoon).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So the gap between IW and TFA through their third weekends is 194m. As I've mentioned prior, TFA didn't have that exceptional of a run after weekend 3. It's not entirely impossible IW could have a similar run from this point and avoid the gap widening by much. If that happened, it could go as high as 720. 

TFa had a nice run after it's third weekend. There's no way that IW makes $42 next weekend or $26 on it's fifth

• Like 2

Just now, Barnack said:

Already did no ? Made over 1 million in box office, the move was maybe nearly free and already very profitable for them (and theater happy to have something to play the afternoon).

I'm saying it's going to take another 2 month slow crawl or so from here before WiT gets to the 100m that was the whole reason behind this gigantic expansion in the first place.