The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I just love how people always pretend Matrix is one movie while the creators kinda look down on the first, saying the only interest of the trilogy was to deconstruct and invalidate everything that happened in the first movie, which is the easy way. 

Because the other two are such hot gobbledy gook garbage even the action can't save them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Because the other two are such hot gobbledy gook garbage even the action can't save them.

Don't you talk down on my boy, The Matrix Reloaded's highway sequence!!! :sarah:

• Like 4

If Matrix Revolutions was a better movie, then Reloaded would have probably been a ten out of ten.  But, like TLJ, I feel that Reloaded opened up so many questions and didn't really address them in Revolutions.

• Like 4

Just now, That One Guy said:

Matrix Reloaded gets too much hate.  Good movie.

Burly Brawl and the Stairway fight were hype but it's much worse than revolutions

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Don't you talk down on my boy, The Matrix Reloaded's highway sequence!!! :sarah:

Not enough to save the near other two hours.   This is a movie so bloated, draggy, dull and up it's own ass that it manages to make a full on rave / orgy boring as fuck.

It was one of the most miserable theater experiences of my life.  The theater was packed and we had seats dead in the middle and there was no getting up without disturbing half the theater when all I wanted to do was escape. 

I couldn't believe this movie got such good reviews, then the third one came out and all the reviewers who salivated over it started writing the third one was execrable and even worse than the second as if they had collective amnesia from when they were shilling this monstrosity 6 months earlier.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Iron Man is the best. @aabattery

I'm not particularly a fan of the Matrix Reloaded, but it does have a watchable middle hour, which coincidentally, is all punch and little else to distract you with. I am that dude.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Been meaning to rewatch the trilogy sometime soon. Maybe I need to keep the boxset on my dresser to remind me :lol: 

hqdefault.jpg

"There's only one trilogy, you fucking moron."

• Disbelief 1

the-godfather-banner.jpg?w=1000&h=288&cr

Number 9

The Godfather (1972)

Paramount Pictures, Directed by Francis Ford Coppola (130 Points, 25 Votes)

1b6f4cd61bc352d370ce1ae4b63c8570.jpg

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Number 1 Placements: 3

Top 5 Placements: 5

Top 10 Placements: 9

Top 25 Placements: 14

Previous Rankings: 2016 (4, -5), 2014 (6, -3), 2013 (16, +5), 2012 (4, -5)

Awards Count: Won 3 Oscars, Including Best Picture

Tomatometer: 98% (9.3 Avg Rating)

Box Office: 133.7m (720.4m Adjusted)

Synopsis: The aging patriarch of an organized crime dynasty transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant son.

Critic Opinion: "Marlon Brando’s old flame that has glowed for years, and flickered along a trail bumpy with mediocre pictures, shines higher and brighter than ever. The old irresistible magic is revived in Paramount’s “The Godfather” in his intuitive grasp of Mario Puzo’s Don Corleone, a living symbol of the poetic translation of his name, the lionhearted.

Coppola is first in line for praise. From the condensed script, he turns the episodic story into sizable form for the screen - a film that moves freely, unhindered by extraneous deal.  Under Coppola’s command, seemingly gentle, the players are such believably real human beings, I felt like an eavesdropper, a witness to intimate joys and tragedies. Each performance is a vignette that fits beautifully into the whole exciting picture.  Elements of excitement and suspense are sustained in the high peaks of the story - gangland strategy, vendettas, violence, revenge, Don Vito Corleone’s funeral procession, a long parade of black limousines covered with enough floral arrangements to fill a flower show." - Wanda Hale

User Opinion: "My favorite of all time. Got the restoration blu-ray set for Christmas.I can discuss this movie all day long. The acting is just so superb. One of my favorite of all time scenes that doesn't discussed much is the scene where Vito gets shot and poor Fredo is so inept he can't even get the gun right to shoot back. The acting from John Cazale and the pain and guilt he feels because he couldn't do anything to help his father really gets to me. It's a small thing and would get un noticed but that's just how great the story and acting is from all the players."  - @ecstasy

"It's a masterpiece. My second favorite movie of all time. The restaurant's and final revenge scenes are just amazing"  - @peludo

Commentary: The Godfather is a phenomenal all-time classic, while Part 2 expands the story and makes Part 1 a better movie. there's no debating this is the driving force of a film.  The chilling score is an all-timer, sucking you into the atmosphere of the film, and the cruel, violent and human world that it displays for you.  When it comes to crime films, there really isn't any other movie that can compare to what the Godfather managed to do.  Each character is fully developed, powerfully acted and Coppola crafts the film in a manner that puts most other directors to shame.  The Godfather made 41% of the lists that were submitted and had an average score of 5.2 from those users, indicating it was well into their top 25.

Decade Count: 90s (26), 10s (15), '00s (14), 80s (13), 70s (10), 60s (6), 50s (4), 40s (3), 30s (1)

Tomatometer Count: Over 90% (73), 80%-90% (13), 70%-80% (3)

Adjusted Box Office Count: 1b+ (3), 900m (2), 800m (1), 700m (4), 600m (2), 500m (4), 400m (10), 300m (9), 200m (14), 100m (16), Under 100m (25)

Director Count: Steven Spielberg (6), James Cameron (4), Francis Ford Copolla (3), Alfred Hitchcock (3), Ridley Scott (3), Martin Scorsese (3), Damien Chazelle (2), David Fincher (2), Stanley Kubrick (2), John Lasseter (2), Sergio Leone (2), Richard Linklater (2), John McTiernan (2), Hayao Miyazaki (2), Christopher Nolan (2), Andrew Stanton (2), Quentin Tarantino (2), Lee Unkrich (2), Robert Zemeckis (2), J.J. Abrams (1), Roger Allers (1), Paul Thomas Anderson (1), John Avildsen (1), Brad Bird (1), Ash Brannon (1), Frank Capra (1), Ron Clements (1), Joel and Ethan Coen (1), Alfonso Cuaron (1), Michael Curtiz (1), Jonathan Demme (1), Stanley Donen (1), Frank Darabont (1), Pete Docter (1), Clint Eastwood (1), Victor Fleming (1), Milos Forman (1), Terry Gillam (1), Peter Jackson (1), Rian Johnson (1), Terry Jones (1), Gene Kelly (1), Akira Kurosawa (1), David Lean (1), Ang Lee (1), Spike Lee (1), Katia Lund (1), James Mangold (1), Michael Mann (1), Richard Marquand (1), Fernando Meirelles (1), George Miller (1), Rob Minkoff (1), John Musker (1), Jordan Peele (1), Roman Polanski (1), Harold Ramis (1), Rob Reiner (1), Russo Brothers (1), Gus van Sant (1), Bryan Singer (1), Isao Takahata (1), Guillermo Del Torro (1), Gary Trousdale (1), King Vidor (1), Orson Welles (1), Peter Weir (1), Robert Wise (1), David Yates (1), Wachowskis (1)

Franchise Count: Best Picture Winner (14), Pixar (7), Steven Spielberg (6), James Cameron (4), Star Wars (3), Toy Story (3), Alien and Predator (3), Studio Ghibli (3), WDAS (3), Dead Wife Cinematic Universe/Nolan (2), Marvel (2), Terminator (2), The Godfather (2), 'Before' (1), Blade Runner (1), Monty Python (1), X-Men (1), MCU (1), Captain America (1), Die Hard (1), Harry Potter (1), Rocky (1), Oz (1), Indiana Jones (1), Nemo (1), Dollars (1), Hannibal (1), Mad Max (1), Jurassic Park (1), Jaws (1), Back to the Future (1), Matrix (1), Middle Earth (1)

Genre Count: Drama (36), Adventure (31), VFX Driven (29), Thriller (24), Sci-Fi (24), Fantasy (22), Comedy (21), Epic (21), Action (20), Novel Adaption (19), Period Piece (18), Family/Children (17), Romance (15), Crime/Noir (15), Sequel (14), Animation (13), Horror (12), War (12), Indie (11), Tragedy (11), Musical (7), Foreign Language (6), Cult Classic (5), Western (5), Romantic Comedy (5), Melodrama (4), Spy/Detective (4), Bio-Pic (4), Christmas (3), Sports (3), Superhero (3), Comic Book (2), Satire (2), Remake (2)

Godfather034-580x250.jpg

• Like 19

One time a friend of mine wanted to go to sleep before the baptism scene and I had to guilt that idiot into finishing the film

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2