ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

7 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

🍅 CRITICS CONSENSUS

"An ambitious superhero epic that soars as often as it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions."

LOL what's next, "soars less often than it strains"?

"An ambitious superhero epic that strains as often as it soars, Eternals takes the MCU in confounding -- and occasionally intriguing -- new directions."

Not gonna lie, the most enjoyable part about the Tomatometer taking the journey it has is seeing the Critics Consensus blurb change each time. Nothing drastic, just small albeit noticeable changes, and I can't help but giggle each time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I didn't allow for the reopening of cinemas in Victoria. Shang-Chi was #1 again in Australia so this coming weekend The Eternals will take over #1 from another MCU film.

How many MCU #1 in a row can we go?   

16 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

"An ambitious superhero epic that strains as often as it soars, Eternals takes the MCU in confounding -- and occasionally intriguing -- new directions."

Not gonna lie, the most enjoyable part about the Tomatometer taking the journey it has is seeing the Critics Consensus blurb change each time. Nothing drastic, just small albeit noticeable changes, and I can't help but giggle each time.

I don't think the actual critic consensus has changed.  It looks to be still the same on RT as it was originally:

CRITICS CONSENSUS
An ambitious superhero epic that soars as often as it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions. Read critic reviews

It's just people HERE taking the mickey by changing it around.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I don't think the actual critic consensus has changed.  It looks to be still the same on RT as it was originally:

CRITICS CONSENSUS
An ambitious superhero epic that soars as often as it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions. Read critic reviews

Nah, they were sneaky here. It was "more often" before. I remember distinctly. 

Edited by Menor

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

CRITICS CONSENSUS

Okay, I just checked and literally one word is different:

On 10/25/2021 at 2:23 PM, JWR said:

Critic Consensus: An ambitious superhero epic that soars more often than it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:23 PM, JWR said:

Critic Consensus: An ambitious superhero epic that soars more often than it strains, Eternals takes the MCU in intriguing -- and occasionally confounding -- new directions.

"soars more often than it strains" was changed to "soars as often as it strains", which okay, slight and on reflection subtly important change.  But not nearly as much as jokes or memes here are implying

Edited by Porthos

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

Nah, they were sneaky here. It was "more often" before. I remember distinctly. 

Yeah, I just did my own homework and found that as you can see.  But doesn't seem to be changing as much as was implied.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Came back from early screening. Sad to tell you this but this is really like WTF moment in MCU. 

Before the showing, I expect this can turn out to be like a Aladdin 2.0 as I remember Aladdin suffer the similar fresh/rotten zone too on RT and I ended up liking Aladdin much more than critics. But no such luck for Eternals, at least that is me personally.

By the way, Madden is so handsome and also thanks to Chan's beauty, they themselves are already a great "practical visual effect" 

Any guess on CinemaScore?

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

At least with this divisive reception, it's easier to people lower their expectations and be surprised.

Something possibly positive in the middle of this situation. Presales seems to be picking up fast after last week bad pace.

It’s not divisive. Even the positive reviews are basically saying it’s average to mediocre 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It’s not divisive. Even the positive reviews are basically saying it’s average to mediocre 

Overseas reception are quite different so far, so yeah, divisive is the best description to me.

But if you only look at the US reviews than yeah, sure.

• Like 3