ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Divisve usually means there are a lot of people who love the film along with a lot who hate it. That really doesn't seem to be true. It's the same mid critical reception as the US.

US is average, Europe is decent, South America and Asia is good (from what i saw).

Looking at the whole picture i think it's very fair to say the reception overseas is "quite different" or even divisive overall.

I do agreed with you that is not radically different tho, it's a Marvel movie afterall, i doubt we're ever gonna see such "love / hate" thing coming from them.

• Like 3

German reviews are fine overall, i think overall they score it better than its right now on metacritic. But like overall the same pros/cons like the most other reviews i saw. One reviewer i saw calling it the best phase four movie, which is the highest praise it god, most reviewers are ether saying its flawed but has some good moments or its a good movie but you may not enjoy it.

Edited by Coldbird
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Yikes. Now I totally get it about mixed reviews. 

See the latest Eternals clip. Don't do Bollywood/Indian representation if you don't even know what you are doing. 

The song is in English and dance has no energy at all. 

Maybe in the MCU bollywood films are all in English only..:Gaga:

57% now and it will stay rotten.

I honestly can’t believe this Chloe Zhao Marvel film is getting worse reviews than Venom 2 lol. The 1st rotten MCU film is by an Oscar winner.

The common thing with a lot of the reviews is that is it long and boring. Honestly looking at that new clip I sort of understand, something about this film makes everyone and everything seem incredibly flat and lifeless.

I can’t imagine Marvel is happy about all this, this film looks like it cost $200m +

4 minutes ago, exomassey said:

57% now and it will stay rotten.

I honestly can’t believe this Chloe Zhao Marvel film is getting worse reviews than Venom 2 lol. The 1st rotten MCU film is by an Oscar winner.

The common thing with a lot of the reviews is that is it long and boring. Honestly looking at that new clip I sort of understand, something about this film makes everyone and everything seem incredibly flat and lifeless.

I can’t imagine Marvel is happy about all this, this film looks like it cost $200m +

Wonder who the scapegoat will be....Lord Feige is obviously untouchable.....🙄  So probably Zhao or may Covid. Covid was used as an excuse for some of the bad writing on the Marvel Disney plus shows

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

Wonder who the scapegoat will be....Lord Feige is obviously untouchable.....🙄  So probably Zhao or may Covid. Covid was used as an excuse for some of the bad writing on the Marvel Disney plus shows

I honestly think it’s just that this Zhao and Marvel collaboration didn’t really work. I don’t think anyone is really to blame.

I think Marvel did try to do something different with Zhao and also wanted to make an MCU movie but the finished result did just not work.

Yup, if Papa Feige gets to take credit for the hits he can also take the blame for the misses.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

He would if he was as creatively involved as in other MCU films. 

Pretty sure this is common knowledge 

That's convenient! 😃

He'll still have signed off on major aspects of production. Not that it actually matters, the MCU will successfully rumble on regardless.

I don't think is anyone fault, the movie is extremelly ambitious and sometimes things just doesn't work, making a movie is an extremelly chaotic act, it's impressive that MCU manage to get so many things right for so long.

I definitely doesn't expect the first rotten to be this one, but it happens, is hard to blame someone. And honestly it could be way worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just saw the film. and this is one of best marvel film for me. 

RT is doing most as I expected it.

I genuinely don't buy that this is that worse than BW, SC or most MCU films.

Also that being said, this is still very marvel film. not chloe zhao's art house film, or far from usual marvel film. 

and I can see some people less liking this due to less action driven, but still it is marvel's fun adventure film.

so I don't see audience being much divisive as RT critics score.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3