ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

14 hours ago, Barnack said:

We can argue about quality, but in term of success story John Watt had made two very small movie, James Gunn biggest movie was Super I think, the captain marvel director, there a list of those. And I would be really unsure about how much NomadLand being an Oscar bait, would it have had a good chance in a normal year, nothing like that won in recent history.

They all had done genre films before getting big gigs either at a studio, independent or television. 

4 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I've always loved Prometheus but I didn't realize it's RT was as high as it is. All the internet hate made it seem rotten consensus wise.

Want another twist? Alien Covenant isn't rotten either (it sits at 65% on RT currently).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I've always loved Prometheus but I didn't realize it's RT was as high as it is. All the internet hate made it seem rotten consensus wise.

Its not perfect, it needed 1 more pass over the script to smooth out the kinks(mainly some of the dialogue, and supporting character's actions/characterizations), but I agree the online hate for it was way over the top, which unfortunately led to Covenant which was a 180 on what Prometheus started or was attempting to do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, MuffinMan said:

Eternals Sequel Is Not a 'Must-Have,' Says MCU Producer

https://www.ign.com/articles/eternals-sequel-not-a-must-have-says-marvel-producer

Pressure's off!

They always said it's more of a standalone movie than anything.

In the same interview he also said they have ideas for a sequel, is just not planned yet because unlike other MCU movies that tied into each other and need 3-4 movies planned in advanced, this one doesn't need that.

People are desperate to make everything around this movie being a result of a rotten tomatoes score that wasn't even that bad. From Chloe Zhao losing her career to Feige scrapping all of these characters or people thinking that saying a movie doesn't need or have a sequel planned means they're cancelling all of their plans because 40% of 140 critics dislike the movie, people are losing their minds.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not enjoying the discourse surrounding this film one bit. I wasn’t expecting “this movie is too woke” to be a legitimate talking point, outside of Armond White and grifter YouTube channels like The Quartering. 

Yeah me too, at this point i thought people would just ignore that on a review because this discussion shouldn't exist in the first place, but i personally read 6 reviews that are on RT complaining about how woke this is, and i don't even read everything there are counting there.

I dislike the way some people are pretending the low score is because people hate diversity, it isn't the case overall, but having a few examples of critics making criticism about diversity only help their point.

Edited by ThomasNicole

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah me too, at this point i thought people would just ignore that on a review because this discussion shouldn't exist in the first place, but i personally read 6 reviews that are on RT complaining about how woke this is, and i don't even read everything there are counting there.

I dislike the way some people are pretending the low score is because people hate diversity, it isn't the case overall, but having a few examples of critics making criticism about diversity only help their point.

Most of the criticism of the film seems to be aimed at script problems and a confusing plot. Not seeing much screaming about "woke" except the usual right wing critics.

But I suspect some MUU fanboys find it better to blame bigotry for The Eternals receoption rather then that Marvel Studios made a disspaonting film.

And of course the overreaction is ridiculous. Feige is not getting fired over this and the MCU is not FInished.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Most of the criticism of the film seems to be aimed at script problems and a confusing plot. Not seeing much screaming about "woke" except the usual right wing critics.

But I suspect some MUU fanboys find it better to blame bigotry for The Eternals receoption rather then that Marvel Studios made a disspaonting film.

And of course the overreaction is ridiculous. Feige is not getting fired over this and the MCU is not FInished.

No one (at least not here) is saying that the mixed response is because of “wokeness,” but the fact that more than a couple of certified Rotten Tomatoes “critics” are calling attention to it is pretty frustrating. I have no trouble believing that this movie has some genuinely glaring problems, but why would people feel the need to bring up the diversity factor, as if it’s a legitimate issue?