CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Deadline has an analysis of how studio comedies need to be fresh and mix up genres. Deadpool, Spy, and Central Intelligence are used as examples, and they think The Happytime Murders might breakout: http://deadline.com/2018/05/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-2-weekend-box-office-opening-1202393815/

Comedies just need to be funny, look at how leggy Game Night was. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I didn’t mean to post IW spoilers either, but you know how that turned out :hahaha:

Did you do something shady around then? Cause considering the timing of that ban and how IW weekend shaped up, it seemed like karma was out to get you by preventing you from enjoying and gloating about it lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Kudos to you! Someone’s gotta do it to help balance out and prevent Taika from getting an inflated ego due to the daily blinded love fanmails he got from @aabattery 

Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Of all recent MCU movies that opened in May, Deapool’s Saturday drop (assuming high end 43) is closest to Civil War 19.32 vs 18.9

Deadpools jump from true Friday (23.9%) is also relatively close to Civil Wars (21.2%). 

Civil War fell 30.7% on Sunday so I think Deadpool will have a fall closer to 30 than to 20. But even with a 20% drop 130m will be barely achieved. So I think 130 is unlikely at this point. 

Dp2 also had a preview to OD multi of 2.86 which is smaller but very close to that of Civil War at 3.02. 

Assuming DP falls 25% on Sunday then it will have an OW of 128.5 and a preview to OW multi of 6.9 vs 7.1 of Civil War. Even their OD to OW multi will be very close with DP2 at 2.41 and CW at 2.39. 

Now CW was one of the most frontloaded MCU movie on its OW and the most frontloaded of all MCU movies in its entire run. Its not a good sign for DP’s legs that it is following CW so closely

• Like 4

Scott Derrickson did a pretty good job with Doctor Strange. Good origin story,  good characters, great visuais, really good ideias, etc.

General audiences liked the movie, critics and fans too.

It's my favorite solo superhero movie debut of 2015, 2016 and 2017 :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Of all recent MCU movies that opened in May, Deapool’s Saturday drop (assuming high end 43) is closest to Civil War 19.32 vs 18.9

Deadpools jump from true Friday (23.9%) is also relatively close to Civil Wars (21.2%). 

Civil War fell 30.7% on Sunday so I think Deadpool will have a fall closer to 30 than to 20. But even with a 20% drop 130m will be barely achieved. So I think 130 is unlikely at this point. 

Dp2 also had a preview to OD multi of 2.86 which is smaller but very close to that of Civil War at 3.02. 

Assuming DP falls 25% on Sunday then it will have an OW of 128.5 and a preview to OW multi of 6.9 vs 7.1 of Civil War. Even their OD to OW multi will be very close with DP2 at 2.41 and CW at 2.39. 

Now CW was one of the most frontloaded MCU movie on its OW and the most frontloaded of all MCU movies in its entire run. Its not a good sign for DP’s legs that it is following CW so closely

You make an excellent job with numbers ... but I have to admit that sometimes I get a bit lost in the middle and just jump straight to the end line conclusion :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Cap and Widow as friends. I don't want a romance between them. Of course the Hulk and Widow thing was a disaster brought to us by Whedon's obsession with putting his tough petite heroines in relationships with literal monsters. Dear god do I HATE that forced relationship.

It says something that for me anyway, Vision and Scarlet Witch in their IW scene I bought more as a couple than I ever did Hulk/BW in all of AOU’s runtime

• Like 4

Given that preview to OD that it had, I'll take that DP2 Saturday. It's not going to come close to the R record which sucks but I'm hoping it can still make a nice little run at the box office :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RRA said:

It says something that for me anyway, Vision and Scarlet Witch in their IW scene I bought more as a couple than I ever did Hulk/BW in all of AOU’s runtime

I don't think any couple in the MCU has really had much chemistry with the exception of Tony/Pepper sometimes and maybe Steve/Peggy (and Steve/Bucky I guess?)

3 minutes ago, MAKKALUL said:

I don't think any couple in the MCU has really had much chemistry with the exception of Tony/Pepper sometimes and maybe Steve/Peggy (and Steve/Bucky I guess?)

Thor and Mjölnir.

69w2R8z.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 3

I think DP2 is in good position for decent multi. Solo is not direct competition, and it has lower than expected buzz, so the Memorial Day holiday drops will be favorable to DP2 second weekend. Its third weekend also has no big releases. After that, summer weekdays kick in.

I think Logan’s 2.55x multi is a good target. Would put it way up there in terms of legs for X-Men sequels.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's gonna be oh so sweet when IW ends up with the best multi out of itself, DP2, Solo, and JW:sparta:

not quite a 300m OW or 800m total DOM tho is it movieman89?

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1