Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

What happens if previews are really high :stirthepot:

Depends on your definition of really high. Considering that this series has so far had preview numbers of 57M, 29M and 45M, the bar is set pretty high for this movie. 15M would be a great preview number but still be half of Rogue One, ROTS did 16.5M midnights as well, so this has been a preview heavy franchise.

Just now, Hunch said:

What exactly are these doomsday scenario predictions based on? Early overseas numbers?

Early OS numbers, and presales from one of the major chains. The total presale numbers for Solo are less than the first 24 hour presales for Rogue One at that chain.

1 minute ago, Hunch said:

What exactly are these doomsday scenario predictions based on? Early overseas numbers?

OS numbers aren't early, we got OD from different countries. But I don't think we have anything on Dom yet.

Just now, Hunch said:

Early OS numbers.

Presales at theaters in the USA 

presales from a reliable source 

Another reliable source pretty much saying it's heading into JL territory 

Amongst other things 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Depends on your definition of really high. Considering that this series has so far had preview numbers of 57M, 29M and 45M, the bar is set pretty high for this movie. 15M would be a great preview number but still be half of Rogue One, ROTS did 16.5M midnights as well, so this has been a preview heavy franchise.

15M would be more than we'd be expecting, but not 'great' by any means.  I mean, it'd be hard to get a 100M 3-day off of that number.

Edited by IceFire9yt

3 minutes ago, Hunch said:

That the local theaters 7:00 pm show has 17 out of 350 tickets sold and its an hour to showtime :sadno:

37 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This feels so much like The Good Dinosaur, a director switch midway through, a promo campaign which was good but nothing memorable, reviews basically saying "It's fine and fun" and the final leg of marketing being overshadowed by marketing for another of the studio's tentpoles. Let's see if the box office turns out the same way.

Then following the Good Dinosaur came Finding Dory.

So, SW 9 will be the biggest one yet!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Then following the Good Dinosaur came Finding Dory.

So, SW 9 will be the biggest one yet!

JesusJesus Abrams

• Like 1

I’m just going to avoid this thread until we actually have numbers lol.

I do hope this convinces Disney to stop with these silly spin-off movies though and actually explore the universe more.  

They may may start giving the movies more time to breathe as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

15M would be more than we'd be expecting, but not 'great' by any means.  I mean, it'd be hard to get a 100M 3-day off of that number.

A 6.66 multi on MD - not that hard.   

$15m - now that's looking hard.  Right now, I'd say it's looking closer to maybe $12m

Disney created a Christmas tradition of going to see a Star Wars movie during Christmas and pretty much had the holiday to themselves until Avatar sequels arrived... and then just went on and switched that up for no good reason?

People embraced that new tradition, don't ruin it!

They struck gold and then decided it wasn't meant to be?

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1