Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, That One Guy said:

If Han thinks something is making 100M on OW he will double down on it until the very minute the film opens.  Overlord will make 100M on OW and no one will tell him otherwise

Can't wait till he bumps his Bohemian Rhapsody prediction up to $100M OW.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oceans' 8. Incredibles 2. Fallout. Ant-Man and the Wasp. Christopher Robin.

Nope. 

Idk, man, idk. I could see all failing expectations. Especially Ant Man with those high projections here. And Ocean's 8 needs strong reviews. Fallout -hoping for the best, but the franchise can't get past a ceiling it seems.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Lol, are you employing a reverse jinxing strategy for DP2? 

You know as well as anyone that 260M is gonna be easy. 

nah, it's over. DP2 will be lucky to hit 230

You heard it from me first

zSWQHZB.png

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Lol, are you employing a reverse jinxing strategy for DP2? 

You know as well as anyone that 260M is gonna be easy. 

No. I am being serious. Just like how when the Thursday numbers hit I said the movie was looking to drop 65-70% this weekend and I got people telling me it wouldn't. 

The movie hasn't really shown any signs of good legs whats so ever so I am just failing to see how/where its going to leg it out. A lack of competition isn't going to make people go see a movie they don't want to see. 

And its drops/holds have been very similar to Alien Covenant from last year. Unless that changes I don't see it legging past $260M and if it does it'll be maybe be $10M or so. 

Either way the movie is going to be fine obviously. Its OS numbers have been very strong. Its actually playing like an X-men film. Very strong OS numbers compared to the domestic ones 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Idk, man, idk. I could see all failing expectations. Especially Ant Man with those high projections here. And Ocean's 8 needs strong reviews. Fallout -hoping for the best, but the franchise can't get past a ceiling it seems.

If nothing else, Christopher Robin is gonna shatter all the predictions everyone had for it going into the summer. Like by twice as much.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Nova said:

No. I am being serious. Just like how when the Thursday numbers hit I said the movie was looking to drop 65-70% and I got people telling me it wouldn't. 

The movie hasn't really shown any signs of good legs whats so ever so I am just failing to see how/where its going to leg it out. A lack of competition isn't going to make people go see a movie they don't want to see. 

Now you are starting to fucking annoy me Nova....

Just now, Nova said:

No. I am being serious. Just like how when the Thursday numbers hit I said the movie was looking to drop 65-70% and I got people telling me it wouldn't. 

Well it's front loaded and A Useless Story hurt it. I think it's crawling over 300mil.

2 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

The important thing to note here is what I've been trying to argue for the past few days: it's not just a vocal minority that isn't interested and that they're not even mostly "boycotting" alt-right people. There are plenty of people who just thought TLJ was a bad movie, and just plain aren't interested. Finding out the movie is "good fun" or "fine" isn't going to convince them to see it. The numbers will probably prove it, and going back to that ~600 page thread will probably be funny in a few weeks.

The younger, positive group always thinks that the more negative group is tiny by comparison. I tried pointing to what happened in certain elections in 2016. Was told that this point was irrelevant to the conversation. Funny, haven't seen them post much recently...

Getting off topic, though. My point is that I don't know that all TLJ "haters" would actually like the movie. And even if they would, the full damage of that movie will probably only be seen next year when episode 9 comes out. We may think this is the JL of Star Wars only to find out that it's more like the Wonder Woman. If this goes on to make a bunch of money by the grace of the capitalism gods(EXTREMELY unlikely given international numbers, but let's humor the thought), people will probably think it means the brand can still be saved. But the true horror will come if it turns out this was just the eye of the hurricane.  

Or Solo just didn’t seem to be that interesting with its marketing campaign, and its coming a week after a few other event films that got more marketing attention.  Star Wars will be fine, lol.

2 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

There's also pages of off topic video game and other movie discussions, but yeah talking about the influence that led to this bomb is inconvenient.

what a pathetically dishonest reaction.

LET'S GO CHROME DOME

1 minute ago, Pandamia! said:

Or Solo just didn’t seem to be that interesting with its marketing campaign, and its coming a week after a few other event films that got more marketing attention.  Star Wars will be fine, lol.

Also, sharing a name with @WrathOfHan couldn't have helped.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

I think The Last Jedi haters are underestimating just how uninteresting the idea of a Solo prequel was to a lot of people from the word go. Also M-Day is a dump slot for Disney. Aladdin is the next flop.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Not counting today yet, the movie’s been out for 7 days, and of those, only 3, which is last Friday/Saturday, and this Thursday that could be better. The rest have been very solid to great.