Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

It had really strong holds Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a typical hold for a CBM. I don't know. I just don't feel like its playing like a film thats gonna leg it out anywhere. This is just my gut instinct. But again Im not saying the movie is a failure which for some reason people think I am. Its obviously not and again its OS numbers are great/fantastic. I am just saying I don't think it'll do what people think it'll do domestically. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

65% is on the low end too. Depending on how the rest of the weekend goes, it could get to 70%. Its a really harsh drop and yea I am gonna question the type of legs it has as a result 

I tried.

You do you.

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

No. I am being serious. Just like how when the Thursday numbers hit I said the movie was looking to drop 65-70% and I got people telling me it wouldn't. 

The movie hasn't really shown any signs of good legs whats so ever so I am just failing to see how/where its going to leg it out. A lack of competition isn't going to make people go see a movie they don't want to see. 

Deadpool will be at ~$220M after this long weekend, and then even if it drops 60% the following weekend, it will be at ~$250 million by the end of that weekend. And then even with crappy late legs, it would still comfortably walk past $260M, particularly with summer weekdays coming up. $260M is a done deal, I think.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm guessing Nova might be the type that has a woman (or man or whatever is preferred) get naked for them and are ready to fuck and he spends the next 20 minutes talking to them trying to analyze all the scenarios where they might end up trying to change their mind and put their clothes back on while the naked person sits incredulous.  

It sorta like if you do poorly in school, sure I'm failing this class horribly BUT if i get 100's on the next few tests + extra credit questions I'll pass easily!

If it plays like DP1 it'll hit around 334mil. It's playing a good bit worse though so maybe around 300mil final?

Edited by Ledmonkey96

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Deadpool is doing good though you gotta admit that 65% drop is harsher than expected 

It is much harsher than expected. But just like SS, it doesn't change the big picture that it's gonna be very profitable movie. Drop is horrible, numbers are not.

Movies like Spider Man Homecoming and Suicide Squad had drops higher than 60% for their second weekends, but both went on to develop good legs after that.

So, Deadpool 2 could perfectly behave like them. The fact it's R rated and has no 3D only helps it, by the way.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

:sparta:

TBH, I think it's doing ok. I just wanted you or someone here to talk to me.

everyone is talking and I feel left out. I have no friends IRL and it's lonely with me in my room all day.

I don't think anyone on this site really likes me bc I say stupid shit but i only do it to get someone to notice me bc I'm tired of feeling insignificant and useless :( 

I can't get anyone to talk to me here

Jesus Christ, I'm going to bed

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 15
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I am guessing mostly, but $2.8m sounds reasonable.  

Thank you.

But that's really odd.  Why such a muted increase?  40% on Friday?  That kind of shitty.

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Also, sharing a name with @WrathOfHan couldn't have helped.

That really should have been the canary in the coalmine for us. A name can’t be devalued like that and survive. 

• Haha 2

Just now, baumer said:

Thank you.

But that's really odd.  Why such a muted increase?  40% on Friday?  That kind of shitty.

I am guessing since it did so well during the week that it may have muted its Friday 

1 minute ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

everyone is talking and I feel left out. I have no friends IRL and it's lonely with me in my room all day.

I don't think anyone on this site really likes me bc I say stupid shit but i only do it to get someone to notice me bc I'm tired of feeling insignificant and useless :( 

I like you. I find you to be absolutely delightful.

• Like 3

Join in on what your predictions for DP2 are. The lower your prediction is the more attention you get :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Thank you.

Probably because it targets seniors.  I don't think many of them have work or anything to do on the weekdays so they can probably just go on any day of the week

Edited by That One Guy

Hang in there and get outside as much as you can.  

There is peace and friendship you can find in nature that sometimes you can't find with people right away.  It helps you grow as a person.  

You seem nice enough, so keep your head up and get your body moving as much as possible and you will be shocked at the difference it makes.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I can't get anyone to talk to me here

giphy.gif

• Like 6