Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I just noticed @Rthanos updated an earlier post. Solo and DP2 were almost the same on Friday in Australia. 

Is it bad that I cant tell if Deadpool 2's second weekend out of state is actually doing well or if Solo is really doing that awful :thinking:

@LOGAN'sLuckyRun

If it helps I'm 20 and I have always struggled with making friends. It can be tough and lonely but what I've tried is keep in contact with a handful of people and make sure I always try to chat with them or go out and do something with them. It's fine to not have that many friends as long as you have a handful that you can fully rely and trust. I try to keep my mind active and occupied (a bit easy now for me because of University Exams which I should really be studying for right now) otherwise I can also lapse back into bad thoughts and feelings too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It is a mini-Last Vegas.  

There's a bit of history here I'll fill you in on.  

When the movie was announced, a lot of the members here who commented on it said it looked "awful", "stupid" "typical old women trying to get laid film".

I responded by saying that there wasn't anything typical about it and that there weren't a lot of scripts about octagenarians getting their groove on.  I thought it looked terrific and a lot of it had to do with the stellar cast, not just the women, but the men as well.  

So now that it is doing well and looks to have some good sexy legs, and the members here who have seen it have enjoyed it (except La Binoche because she is incapable of enjoying any film), it puts a smile on my face.  There are too many yioung members here who forget that there's life after the age of 30 and there are some members, like me, who want to see good quality films like this one that deal with real adult issues.  I love lightsabres and Infinity Stones just like the next guy but once in a while a movie about real life is something that appeals to me, so I'm very happy to see this one do well.   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Is it bad that I cant tell if Deadpool 2's second weekend out of state is actually doing well or if Solo is really doing that awful :thinking:

Solo’s opening weekend being two thirds of TFA’s opening day seems bad although that might just be me. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

@LOGAN'sLuckyRun

If it helps I'm 20 and I have always struggled with making friends. It can be tough and lonely but what I've tried is keep in contact with a handful of people and make sure I always try to chat with them or go out and do something with them. It's fine to not have that many friends as long as you have a handful that you can fully rely and trust. I try to keep my mind active and occupied (a bit easy now for me because of University Exams which I should really be studying for right now) otherwise I can also lapse back into bad thoughts and feelings too.

When I was your age I was in university, having just ended a relationship and fallen out of touch with most of my friends. I felt really lonely and lost but I found my footing later, started doing work that was meaningful to me, started working out and focusing on myself, and my whole attitude and outlook improved, and as a result people were drawn to me. You can absolutely become the person you want to be and if that includes making lots of friends, it's totally possible. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So, Avengers IW :

650-660m-ish dom final ?

1,9-1,91B-ish WW Final ?

:thinking:

An extra 50mil dom for that kind of final total would mean it only makes like 10mil OS for the rest of its run. And I'm not sure BoM has the Wed or Thursday grosses for OS

Edited by Ledmonkey96

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Last Vegas was a fun run to watch as well.  Basically did 5x its production budget.  

Huge profit for CBS/Lionsgate.  

Yep, and it had almost a 4X domestically....I'm hoping and confident Book Club can better that.

Also, to anyone feeling depressed, just know that as bad as your day may seem to you, it's not as bad as Kathleen Kennedy's.

Edited by Hunch
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hunch said:

When I was your age I was in university, having just ended a relationship and fallen out of touch with most of my friends. I felt really lonely and lost but I found my footing later, started doing work that was meaningful to me, started working out and focusing on myself, and my whole attitude and outlook improved, and as a result people were drawn to me. You can absolutely become the person you want to be and if that includes making lots of friends, it's totally possible. :)

All out of reacts so Thanks :) 

And yeah jeez wonder what the conversations at Lucasfilm are like currently. Bob Iger and Alan Horn will not be very impressed. 

3 hours ago, Hunch said:

Also, to anyone feeling depressed, just know that as bad as your day may seem to you, it's not as bad as Kathleen Kennedy's.

Let's not get carried away.  :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Not same but I was feeling very down last jan. I started running. I couldn't run 200m. But now more than 1 year later I run 10km daily. It was a slow increase but just getting out in the morning was enough to turn my day around in a positive manner. It has seriously made my life much happier. I hope that helps.

Teach me, Master

How can you run 10Km daily. I can't go more than 2-2.5Km and sometimes my legs hurt so much after that I am unable to run daily so I have to take a day off. Is there a trick to this or just keep running daily and build stamina slowly?

Deadpool 2 number is pathetic, that 12m is even lower than its thursday's preview 18.6m

X-men frontloadedness is striking back!

Can't imagine if x-men is filmed like a horror film , like new mutant, overwhelming frontloadedness of a franchise in a frontloaded nature of genre....80% 2nd weekend drop!!

BO long range forecast seems optimistic for Mamma mia OW

7/13/2018 Skyscraper $44,000,000   $128,000,000     Universal
7/20/2018 The Equalizer 2 $20,000,000 NEW $58,000,000 NEW   Sony / Columbia
7/20/2018 Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! $33,000,000 NEW $105,000,000 NEW   Universal

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The DP2 number isn't good at all but lets not lose sight of Solo being a big huge flop.  That's the story of the weekend.  That's where all the laughter is. :lol:

I thought there will be gifs and jokes like JL thread but no. I also miss tele. That "rth only come for big movies" was epic.