Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, titanic2187 said:

Any number for book club @Rthanos? what if BC make more money again than IW?! it's not entirely impossible, given that PG-13 rating should bode well for huge boost on weekend.

Empire City said he had it at $2.8M but that its an early guess 

3 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Teach me, Master

How can you run 10Km daily. I can't go more than 2-2.5Km and sometimes my legs hurt so much after that I am unable to run daily so I have to take a day off. Is there a trick to this or just keep running daily and build stamina slowly?

Not that I do it now, but when I did, it's like anything else.  You start with what you can do, and then you build it slowly.  About three years ago, at the age of 43, I started working out more....and focused a lot on arm curls.  At the beginning, I was about to curl about 60 pounds once.....after about 6 months, I was able to curl 105 once.  The point is, everything comes with time and dedication.  You can do it, if you dedicate yourself to it.   If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely. 

A legend, Mr. oMeriMombatti.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Any number for book club @Rthanos? what if BC make more money again than IW?! it's not entirely impossible, given that PG-13 rating should bode well for huge boost on weekend.

Book Club may be PG13 but it's audience is >50

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

It won't.  They have completely different trajectories.

Looking at past Marvel films opening in May, the gross after Memorial day Friday as a multiplier to the Friday has been in the 11-15x range. For IM2, Thor, IM3 and CW, it was 11-12x. TA and IM did 14-15x, while AoU and GotG2 were in the middle and did 13x.

IW should fall into the third category. If it does 4m on Friday, it should do another 50-55m thereafter for 660-665m finish. To have a shot at 670m, it needed to 4.3-4.4m today.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I thought there will be gifs and jokes like JL thread but no. I also miss tele. That "rth only come for big movies" was epic.

Overall there's way more Star Wars stans than any other franchise so with that,  there's not going to be as many jokes...  the same people who were eating popcorn while the ugly JL numbers rolled in are crying themselves to sleep tonight because the iconic Han Solo has been neutered by Disney and Kathleen Kennedy.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am fine with Avengers IW doing a little bit better than Jurassic World domestic.

The Titanic number is 20 years old, comparing the two doesn't mean much.

Do we know how A Quiet Place is holding this Friday ?

Everybody seems to have forgotten that little monster of a movie this week-end.

Edited by The Futurist

6 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Teach me, Master

How can you run 10Km daily. I can't go more than 2-2.5Km and sometimes my legs hurt so much after that I am unable to run daily so I have to take a day off. Is there a trick to this or just keep running daily and build stamina slowly?

It was not daily from beginning. My legs and ribs were not supporting me. One day off, or 2 days off on few occasions. I decreased the pace. I reached  3 km in 2 months. It didn't increase for 3 months. My friend advised me to do other type of workout. Since then I do normal workout like squats, pushups, crunches and all, 3 days a week.

In august, I started to run daily. At that time I was at 4-5 km. In dec, I reached 10km. Also point to note that it took me a hour to complete 3 km. Right now I can complete 10k in 50-55 with 43.22 being fastest. 

So, it took me 7-8 months to reach 5k and another 4 to reach 10k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Fake said:

Looking at past Marvel films opening in May, the gross after Memorial day Friday as a multiplier to the Friday has been in the 11-15x range. For IM2, Thor, IM3 and CW, it was 11-12x. TA and IM did 14-15x, while AoU and GotG2 were in the middle and did 13x.

IW should fall into the third category. If it does 4m on Friday, it should do another 50-55m thereafter for 660-665m finish. To have a shot at 670m, it needed to 4.3-4.4m today.

While that's true, Solo crumbling spice things a bit. We might have IW overperforming this weekend despite the less than ideal Friday numbers. 

59 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

TBH, I think it's doing ok. I just wanted you or someone here to talk to me.

everyone is talking and I feel left out. I have no friends IRL and it's lonely with me in my room all day.

I don't think anyone on this site really likes me bc I say stupid shit but i only do it to get someone to notice me bc I'm tired of feeling insignificant and useless :( 

I can't get anyone to talk to me here

Jesus Christ, I'm going to bed

Say what you believe...and you get your own style.

I tend to repeat myself .

49 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Teach me, Master

I used to run 10km about 4 times per week back when I did sports. Twice I’d aim for 40 minutes twice would be 50 minutes. But when I started working and quit sports I stopped cold turkey and hadn’t run for years. 

Started again recently, and sure it’s been hard the past few weeks but I’ve gotten up to doing 7km in 35 minutes. It’s really just persistence if you ask me. Get a routine going, even if that means running not continuously but stopping to walk for 1 minute every 5 minutes, depending on your level of fitness. 

Also, I recommend running trails instead of a track or the street. The changing scenery and not just a flat hard surface helps me when I’m doing distance

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

While that's true, Solo crumbling spice things a bit. We might have IW overperforming this weekend despite the less than ideal Friday numbers. 

Well.... if Solo crumbling can help it get to 670M... then Crumble, baby, crumble!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1