Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Deadpool 2 is a R rated movie without 3D and without China to boost its overseas numbers. It's doing great for a sequel.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's going to be really profitable.  X-Force is probably a real possibility ( I'm pretty sure it'll get made, either by Fox or Fox/Marvel or whatever it is gonna be in the next years ). There's no need to be angry or sad about it.

Solo is another story. Less than 500 million worldwide might happen, but I still think 500 million worldwide is possible. Anyway, not good when movies like Justice League and even X-Men Apocalypse ( which I loved by the way ) ended up doing more. 

Infinity War could stop making money 2 weeks ago and the movie would still be considered a sucess. It has nothing to prove. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

700 only ever mattered so much because of Black Panther. It feels very strange to have it under that considering IW absolutely feels like the bigger event to me. 

I think the cultural phenomenon BP became in the U.S. was just too much to overcome for IW in the end, but the fact that it got so close is remarkable. OS, IW will more than double BP's gross (which was already incredibly impressive for a solo superhero film).

Just now, Nova said:

We shall see :) 

I'm guessing Nova might be the type that has a woman (or man or whatever is preferred) get naked for them and are ready to fuck and he spends the next 20 minutes talking to them trying to analyze all the scenarios where they might end up trying to change their mind and put their clothes back on while the naked person sits incredulous.  

• Haha 5
  • ...wtf 2

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

You lost me when you entertained the idea that Solo would act like Wonder Woman. It won't. 

I mean I did say literally right after that that it's extremely unlikely. Never say never, though. But probably never.

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Or Solo just didn’t seem to be that interesting with its marketing campaign, and its coming a week after a few other event films that got more marketing attention.  Star Wars will be fine, lol.

I dunno much about how this all works, but it seems like a big brand like this should be able to do much better even without much marketing. 

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm guessing Nova might be the type that has a woman (or man or whatever is preferred) get naked for them and are ready to fuck and he spends the next 20 minutes talking to them trying to analyze all the scenarios where they might end up trying to change their mind and put their clothes back on while the naked person sits incredulous.  

tell me about it.  

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

No that's me.

• Haha 1

Anyways, the movie’s fun and it being skipped on isn’t going to spell doom to Star Wars.  I will agree though, LF will need to get 9 right in a way that it can please multiple factions, and figure out some hook to market it with.

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah like didn't Deadpool 2 make more on Friday than Solo did in Australia?

I haven’t checked all the new updates for OS yet but I could believe that. 

Head over to the OS threads if you’re into stuff like watching trainwrecks lol.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Not counting today yet, the movie’s been out for 7 days, and of those, only 3, which is last Friday/Saturday, and this Thursday that could be better. The rest have been very solid to great.

It had really strong holds Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a typical hold for a CBM. I don't know. I just don't feel like its playing like a film thats gonna leg it out anywhere. This is just my gut instinct. But again Im not saying the movie is a failure which for some reason people think I am. Its obviously not and again its OS numbers are great/fantastic. I am just saying I don't think it'll do what people think it'll do domestically. 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Deadpool is doing good though you gotta admit that 65% drop is harsher than expected 

65% is on the low end too. Depending on how the rest of the weekend goes, it could get to 70%. Its a really harsh drop and yea I am gonna question the type of legs it has as a result 

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

How else do you think I got my girl friend to say yes to the ring :ph34r: :P

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1