Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

31e520fdee89cff984520b26be8bcc74.gif

That right there is the reason why i cant really praise Interstellar. The concept of love transcending time, space, logic and good scriptwriting is too stupid, especially in a film that declared itself scientifically accurate and logical.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Thing is, while i really love TLJ (Its my number 2 favourite SW movie after ESB), this scene right here is borderline offensive, it gives me a headache every time i see it:

tumblr_p5kl7o5Z7t1r49x55o8_400.gif

ITS SO FUCKING STUPID, im sry Rian.

Yeah, for someone who likes Last Jedi, I felt this was a really, really freaking stupid moment. My eyes rolled to the back of my head for about a full minute

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

If you been paying attention, the days of throwing "A Star Wars story " and guaranteeing a hit are now gone.

The spinoffs are a different case. This franchise is 40 years old now, it's never going to completely end. 

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah, for someone who likes Last Jedi, I felt this was a really, really freaking stupid moment. My eyes rolled to the back of my head for about a full minute

I think that scene is why Rose is so derided, rather than looks and insert sexism argument here. 

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Ha. Or what? Their fans will set posters on fire, then buy another one when the next movie is announced?

It is fascinating that this movie is doing as poorly as it is and people will still make comments like this. It's possible it's all just poor marketing, it's possible that there was low interest even before TLJ. But would those two things result in an entry in one of the most profitable franchises in the world getting its legs amputated?

Have fun repeating this line for the next year and a half. I'm sure someone will compile all the posts and show you how wrong you were. 

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Not when we are talking about the bigger franchise over all. You can’t ignore 1,3B+ grossing movies when comparing LOL - I mean z-list black panther outgrossed the much anticipated follow up to the 2B juggernaut TFA.   But  since you wanna restrict it to year by year technicalities - it’s looking like Solo will be one of the biggest bombs of its year. MCU has never reached such a low point (ever since they became relevant). 

That's absolutely fine. R1 was not even $100m off CACW, but since it didn't beat it, it might as well be last. I do like the symmetry between the taking turns thing though so maybe it's not all bad.

35.6+26+24.4(-6%)+20(-18%)=86/106 high-end

35.6+24+21.4(-11%)+16.5(-23%)=81/97.5 low-end

i think 83-84/101-102 will happen.

225 dom, 200 os(?), 425 ww

EDIT: Rth updated with 24.6 after EC's 24-25. So closer to the lower-end and 100 4-day not a lock.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

That right there is the reason why i cant really praise Interstellar. The concept of love transcending time, space, logic and good scriptwriting is too stupid, especially in a film that declared itself scientifically accurate and logical.

And it wasn't even very scientifically accurate or logical.  A planet around a black hole wouldn't behave like that, have giant waves, be operating in time like that, be physically shaped that way, look like that, or anything.  It wouldn't be a survivable place by humans, space suits or otherwise.  The movie pretends to have science but its actually just a big pile of emotions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

If you been paying attention, the days of throwing "A Star Wars story " and guaranteeing a hit are now gone.

Yeah, but Star Wars ain't dying either.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

But it's, true?

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Its a cheesy moment for sure, but its nothing compared to some of the cheese in the Prequels, and not as bad as Kylo stomping around like a little bitch in TFA.

but those scenes have become legendary memes at least 

tenor.gif?itemid=10270127

M4t.gif

tumblr_o49k3u0SDd1uqyagpo4_500.gif

1 minute ago, lab276 said:

That line is the cloying cutesy love moment. It's harmless, and sweet really.

It's a pointless cap off to a pointless plot that had two actors with no chemistry off fucking about for half an hour. It retreads something Finn seemed to have already learned in the previous movie anyway, except now its being repackaged by some new self-righteous, soapboxing character nobody cares about at the end of their ultimately useless journey that just resulted in a bunch of the resistance dying. It is the dingleberry on top of a shit sundae.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

It is fascinating that this movie is doing as poorly as it is and people will still make comments like this. It's possible it's all just poor marketing, it's possible that there was low interest even before TLJ. But would those two things result in an entry in one of the most profitable franchises in the world getting its legs amputated?

Apparently so. This production had had bad PR since Lord/Miller got the boot. I seriously doubt it will affect the buzz for episode IX. It's part of the main trilogy and there will be a longer layover between Star Wars films once it comes out. You can bet it will be hyped up as the event it is. If the prequels could withstand negative buzz at the box office, I don't see why episode IX wouldn't.

I'm not shocked about the lukewarm reception of Solo. The trailers were mediocre and generated no buzz from crowds whatsoever, even IW and BP crowds that were already lathered up lol. Every time I saw that trailer play in the theater I could feel the apathy towards it.