Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

No because apart from being a stupid sexist and racist, there are legit issues with TLJ people will bash the film on forever lol 

Yeah it gets lost in the nonsense shouting about things like "pink hair lesbian" (like, what?) but there are a lot of people who just honestly think the story is convoluted garbage and that will not change unless they make another movie to replace it lol

3 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Im still not sure what they actually did to alienate the fans. The explanations ive seen are pretty thin at best. TFA was total garbage, but they seemed to like that, TLJ wasnt great but it was no worse than any prequel. Nothing in TLJ was offensive 

cbe012650851cab598a6c0cd78ee65bb.gif

:P

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Im still not sure what they actually did to alienate the fans. The explanations ive seen are pretty thin at best. TFA was total garbage, but they seemed to like that, TLJ wasnt great but it was no worse than any prequel. Nothing in TLJ was offensive if you are a sane, rational human being.

Thing is, while i really love TLJ (Its my number 2 favourite SW movie after ESB), this scene right here is borderline offensive, it gives me a headache every time i see it:

tumblr_p5kl7o5Z7t1r49x55o8_400.gif

ITS SO FUCKING STUPID, im sry Rian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You're aware that trolls also went after Rogue One for being "diverse," right?

Why everything must be so Amero-centric? Asian actors didn't do shit for SW popularity in Asia (RO dropped hard from TFA in Japan proving that only the Saga matters, not spin-offs even with blatant pandering to those markets or maybe because of it cause nobody likes tokenism). Muslim actor didn't do shit for RO boxoffice in Muslim countries. LA rejected TLJ despite Latino actor's expanded screen time. In short, diverse actors didn't do shit for boxoffice among ethnicity they belong to outside of US. So are those countries racist against their own or simply don't give a fuck about a franchise that they perceive to be uninteresting and don't feel patriotic duty to support those token characters/actors? 

Point is, there will be small but loud minority that rages against diverse casting but at the end of the day diverse casting is really just an American thing that the world doesn't give a crap about because it's mostly just tokenism. Black Panther did well in Africa cause it wasn't tokenism but celebrated African culture, while they couldn't give 2 fucks about Finn or Lando.  All those countries have their own cinemas that represent their ways of life, so they are not thirsty for seeing "people that look like me" in Hollywood blockbusters where they mostly play background characters or filler anyway. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Stomping? More like taking turns

2018 Avengers: Infinity War $1,849.1
2017 Star Wars: The Last Jedi $1,332.5
2016 Captain America: Civil War $1,153.3
2015 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $2,068.2

Only if you're counting just one movie from the MCU each year or ignoring the disparity between even just the top films

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Only if you're counting just one movie from the MCU each year or ignoring the disparity between even just the top films

Obviously I am. But the original point in any case was about being number one.

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s not getting to $2bn now, I thought it was at $1.91bn for some reason.

Marvel unfortunately isn’t the most inclusive franchise, 20 films to have a female lead and she’s sharing the billing. One black lead. Terrible ratios. 

Because there isn’t Wed + Thurs OS and weekend numbers yet. B)

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Thing is, while i really love TLJ (Its my number 2 favourite SW movie after ESB), this scene right here is borderline offensive, it gives me a headache every time i see it:

I think it's more what she did before that's the issue than that line per se. Kamikazeing into someone to "save" them is never a particularly smart thing to do, even accounting for the mental handicap that love creates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

but dont we hate them for wanting to kill the people we love? 

For all the deep themes the film has, the film has some prequel level logic at times. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8486419

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Lucasfilm better do their damnedest to make Episode 9 stellar.

Ha. Or what? Their fans will set posters on fire, then buy another one when the next movie is announced?

Edited by tribefan695

12 minutes ago, lab276 said:

It only matters who wins the year and I don't see Ultron at the top of the list.

Not when we are talking about the bigger franchise overall. You can’t ignore 1,3B+ grossing movies when comparing LOL - I mean z-list black panther outgrossed the much anticipated follow up to the 2B juggernaut TFA.   But  since you wanna restrict it to year by year technicalities - it’s looking like Solo will be one of the biggest bombs of its year. MCU has never reached such a low point  (ever since they became relevant). 

Edited by GraceRandolph