Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@MrPink got all excited when he saw that Interstellar had returned to theaters only to find out it in fact did not.

How the hell can you guys see which movies are there? Is my eyesight that poor? 

For the last few months my profile pic hasn't been wearing glasses. I wanted to look cool to impress a boy I like :wub:

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, firedeep said:

Nah. they should make a Jabba spinoff

Star-Wars-Toys-jabba-the-hutt_1280x720.j

Lucasfilm presents the origin story you've all been craving for. Jabba is a scrawny and feisty lizard who is determined to make a name for himself in the galaxy. Joining a ragtag team of rapscallions who survive on minor hits and robberies, he develops a bond with one of the group's more lively characters - the volatile Salacious B. Crumb (voiced by Josh Brolin). Jabba rises through the ranks of the gang and becomes a Hutt, the most feared title of the planet. Witness the beginning of his eating disorder! Discover the roots of his gold bikini fetish! Find out exactly what his favorite brand of smoke is! Lucasfilm has all the answers you've been dying to find out ever since you first laid eyes on him. JABBA THE HUTT - A STAR WARS STORY.

Directed by Todd Phillips  Ron Howard  Christopher Plummer  Joss Whedon

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fourth year in a row the Memorial Day weekend opener(s) is largely looking to be a non-event. Aladdin is certain to change that next year, though.

Memorial Day is cursed, Aladdin is going to be overshadowed by TLK and top out around 200m like Cinderella

If there’s something to learn from this, hopefully Disney won’t do a Star Wars movie every year anymore and Memorial Day doesn’t work for them (Aladdin is next, thinking possibly sub $300M).

It's in times like these that you realize how good Kevin Feige actually is. He really knows what people want, before they do. He's been playing the long game since the beginning.

Seems to me like Lucasfilm is just throwing stuff at the wall right now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

That’s really not good, unless this somehow turns out to be much more backloaded than typical star wars

It's a bad weekend to release a major tentpole.  I don't understand why Disney was so arrogant about keeping it here.

This will be the 1st SW movie we haven't seen twice opening weekend.  My kid has finals tomorrow so no show tonight... because Mondays a holiday I'll be working late Friday so no show then... and we have family & friend plans on Monday.  It's such a busy weekend that if it wasn't SW I wouldn't see any movie at all.

Hopefully it'll have strong weekdays and good legs overall... it doesn't sound like a bad movie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

This is still going to end up being the biggest Memorial Day since 2013 or something.  But that isn’t saying much.

If anything it speaks about how much of a "non event", Memorial Day weekend has become in terms of films.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2