Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

sure but seems like she is Iranian? 

Whatever the case don't see how comparing someone to an ape is racist, given we are literally all apes, isn't it kind of inevitable that certain people look more like our relatives than others? just depends on facial structures really. Not to mention that apes do not even have dark skin.

Cause racists say that black people look like apes because they are less evolved than white people and would use that excuse to deprive black people of equal rights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Whatever the case don't see how comparing someone to an ape is racist, given we are literally all apes, isn't it kind of inevitable that certain people look more like our relatives than others? just depends on facial structures really. Not to mention that apes do not even have dark skin.

I do not care for you at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

I do not care for you at all.

It's been a good 72 posts.

Image result for han solo waving gif

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Cause racists say that black people look like apes because they are less evolved than white people and would use that excuse to deprive black people of equal rights.

Ok, can't say I've heard anyone say that before and don't see how it makes any sense. Still think it is a completely dumb thing to cancel a entire TV show on.

41 minutes ago, Uzice said:

As I wrote in the other thread, there has been some talk of a possible 3x multiplier for Solo. Is that viable?

dp1 had done 2.74x with an inflated vd sunday (+0.2%). different genre and all but still.

smh had done 2.86x with a normal summer 117 ow.

i think 2.8x the fss is the max for solo, gives 236 dom.

os, thanks to world cup and jw2 i think 2.6x the fss (63.1) is the most it will do. gives 164 from current markets.

so 236 + 164 = 400 ww without Japan. doing better than that will be mucho difficult.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Ok, can't say I've heard anyone say that before and don't see how it makes any sense. Still think it is a completely dumb thing to cancel a entire TV show on.

Racism never makes sense. And just because you haven't heard anyone say that before doesn't mean it wasn't said. I'm also not surprised you think people who make racist comments should be given a national platform to keep expressing their views.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

guys c'mon you know the bit by know. tree is very stupid. literally the dumbest person who's posted here and that's an achievement. it's legit surprising he doesn't forget how breathing works or something. he'll always come here and say something like "bananas are supposed to be eaten with the skin on. peel them? i've never heard of someone doing that" and then people are gonna yell at him for 2 pages and he'll be like "whatever. peeling bananas seems pretty stupid to me"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 39
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Hopefully this is just ignorance and not being willfully dense. Because it's painful to read.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

guys c'mon you know the bit by know. tree is very stupid. literally the dumbest person who's posted here and that's an achievement. it's legit surprising he doesn't forget how breathing works or something. he'll always come here and say something like "bananas are supposed to be eaten with the skin on. peel them? i've never heard of someone doing that" and then people are gonna yell at him for 2 pages and he'll be like "whatever. peeling bananas seems pretty stupid to me"

Yeah I haven't been around long but after the idiotic rant about how unbearable people eating hot food during a movie is, this became pretty clear.

• Like 3

On 5/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, Ranger Tree said:

I'm not living in like Mozambique or somewhere, i'm in England. There is no AIDS epidemic here. You don't suddenly catch every STD on the planet when you have unprotected sex.

We take risks all the time. Why? Because it lets us enjoy life. If I thrash my car around a race track, is there a risk of being hurt? Yes, but it's fun so I do it.

Not sure what you mean by me trolling btw

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

Yeah I haven't been around long but after the idiotic rant about how unbearable people eating hot food during a movie is, this became pretty clear.

idiotic? 99% of cinemas ban hot food from being taken into a film and I'm the one who sounds crazy?

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Right I wonder if someone who has a picture of her burning cookies in an oversight while wearing a swastika sent that tweet for racist reasons or not. Oh wait the answer is yes definitely she was being racist. 

Americans can't even agree on what racism is, it's just two tribes yelling increasingly louder at each other. 12 years ago in college, my sociology textbook told me being against affirmative action was racist. Is it? She's an edgy comedian that made a racial joke, but so have thousands of other comedians. She didn't exactly pull an infamous Kramer. This feels like an overreaction, the fact ABC acted so quickly and in such coordinated fashion tells me they wanted to get rid of her regardless. I mean, she's never been a "safe" comedian, as this video of her pissing off most of America demonstrates. Anyway, I'm done talking about this on this forum, it's too OT. Thank you. Here's some interesting reading about why "racism" is such a difficult thing to talk about, even among people with the best of intentions. I hope I didn't upset anyone. http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/06/21/against-murderism/

18 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

exasperate.jpgexasperation.jpg?w=676

e5504cd383f031916ad11bdcada484a1.jpg

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Your funniest poster 2018 campaign is starting a little early but I don’t mind the effort

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

For a minute I thought I clicked on the weekend box office thread but I must have clicked the wrong one.

yeah no blockbusters this weekend sorry

• Like 1
  • Haha 4