Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

• Community Manager
18 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

As much fun as it is to talk the the sheer, unbridled, unprecedented, unspeakable racism that is mocking a politician's looks by comparing them to a primate, can we not? Thanks! Our orange orangutan-in-chief gets enough coverage elsewhere. Thanks.

yUXdgL5.jpg

Even Fox News called the tweet racist. Maybe because calling black people apes has a historical basis in an attempt to say they are less evolved and thus not equal. 

Please dont try to normalize racism on this board.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It’s a worldwide phenomenon. It’s the aftermath of the downfall of capitalism in Europe , for example. Extreme right wing, neo-nazi parties are.....having a party in Europe. Austria’s government is basically neonazis, in France everybody had to unite behind a servant of the banks like macron to prevent Lepen from becoming the president, in Italy we basically have a non-military coup to prevent the extremists the people actually voted for (70%) to form a government, in my country we have an almost openly neo nazi party gaining around 10% e.t.c.

Oh and Charlie Sheen’s meltdown was waaaaay less disturbing than Roseanne’s twitter.

It's the inevitable backlash to a rapidly changing world where populations are becoming more and more diverse, middle classes are either declining or remaining stagnant, and jobs are changing and/or being lost to automation and globalism (the more the world comes together, the better in my opinion, but yeah...people like their borders/walls/tribes). The last time this sort of technological renaissance happened we got two world wars and the Nazis. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

That tweet cost $3.7B to send. Wowza.

As @Barnack already listed earlier, there were some numbers about Disney Parks,... why the stock-market did get (I think it was ~ 2%) down before that got into the news. I posted the 1st tweet more as a joke.

Btw, the complete US Dow 30 fell today a bit down

The Dow 30 fell 391.64 points for the day, and the Nasdaq and S&P also finished in red figures.

One of the day’s other major media events — the ongoing legal battle between holding company National Amusements and CBS, which it controls — seemed to be the main reason Viacom shares surrendered ground. The company’s stock fell a bit more than 2% to $26.87 as investors processed NAI’s latest salvo in Delaware court, which seemed to drive a stake through any hopes of a reunion with CBS.

Shares of CBS also swooned more than 1% to $50.27.

But with such kind of amounts, what's a small thing like Solo counts as?

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

That will be my last post about thr Roseanne thing (too OT probably)

Vor 6 Minuten

Viacom’s cable networks Paramount Network, TV Land, and CMT will be pulling from their respective schedules as of tomorrow

SHE EVEN LOST THE RESIDUALS!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Let me go ahead and start a course on "What not to do on your day off" and just feature Roseanne's morning 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lol she even fucked up her syndication money.

Worse she fucked the syndication money of everyone who used to work on that show.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Even Fox News called the tweet racist. Maybe because calling black people apes has a historical basis in an attempt to say they are less evolved and thus not equal. 

Wasn't that Shep though?   Does he really count as the voice of Fox News?   I'm constantly surprised he's still employed since he seems to have a penchant for the truth and some decency.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Worse she fucked the syndication money of everyone who used to work on that show.

John Goodman boutta take a big franchise role to pay his rent

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Someone interested into updating the thread title?

Solo:

OS OW $63,090,272

3-day $84,42m

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $103,016,812    59.7%
Foreign:  $69,680,445    40.3%

Worldwide:  $172,697,257  
  • Like 1

this is why they can't ever reboot seinfeld. you know the rest of them are thinking kramer's gonna fuck these TBS checks for us if he's back in the spotlight.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

Solo:

OS OW $63,090,272

3-day $84,42m

Total Lifetime Grosses

highlow

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is why they can't ever reboot seinfeld. you know the rest of them are thinking kramer's gonna fuck these TBS checks for us if he's back in the spotlight.

He had to be on a very short leash during those Curb episodes

27 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

That will be my last post about thr Roseanne thing (too OT probably)

Vor 6 Minuten

Viacom’s cable networks Paramount Network, TV Land, and CMT will be pulling from their respective schedules as of tomorrow

21 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lol she even fucked up her syndication money.

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

John Goodman boutta take a big franchise role to pay his rent

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

i feel sorry for everyone else who worked ON roseanne but we should look at the plus side that they no longer have to work WITH roseanne. how many george soros rants did they have to hear between takes.?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

And maybe she sent the tweet because there's also a history of comparing politicians you don't like to primates. I don't know, and Fox News certainly doesn't know. Roseanne has been a walking disaster for 30 years, there's a photo of her burning jewish cookies in an oven while wearing a swastika. To pretend that now she crossed the line is the height of faux outrage, let's get real. Nobody is normalizing racism on the board by pointing this out, and it's offensive, patronizing, and condescending that you would insinuate that.

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Solo:

OS OW $63,090,272

3-day $84,42m

Total Lifetime Grosses

As I wrote in the other thread, there has been some talk of a possible 3x multiplier for Solo. Is that viable?

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i feel sorry for everyone else who worked ON roseanne but we should look at the plus side that they no longer have to work WITH roseanne. how many george soros rants did they have to hear between takes.?

That kid that played DJ always looked really uncomfortable in these episodes,  Not sure if it was what he just heard from or if he's just that bad an actor.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Solo is keeping all 4 screens at my theater this weekend, but 3 of them are the smallest auditoriums :hahaha: It's losing the biggest screen to Adrift as well

That's a mistake.