filmlover

Last Christmas | Paul Feig | Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding | Universal | 11/8/2019

I see commericals on TV for this movie regularly. More than any other movie at the moment. Marketing seems okay on this end. Everyone I know seems to feel this is one of the must-see holday movies of the year.

• Thanks 3

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Again Tops Studios’ TV Ad Spending but “Last Christmas” has the best iSpot Attention Index (135) in the ranking, getting 35% fewer interruptions than the average movie ad (interruptions include changing the channel, pulling up the guide, fast-forwarding or turning off the TV).

$3.66M – Last Christmas

Impressions: 239,020,701

Attention Score: 96.65

Attention Index: 135

National Airings: 681

Networks: 26

Most Spend On: CBS, NBC

Creative Versions: 11

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $12.72M

Studio: Universal Pictures

Started Airing: 08/14/19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/terminator-dark-fate-again-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203386704/amp/

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What are reviews saying about Emilia's performance? I'm afraid to peek. :ph34r:

The performances carry the film from what I’m reading. So the actors are fine. It’s more so the story that’s getting negative attention. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Gotta say I thought this would get a better reception than it seems to be getting. Disappointing, to say the least.

4 hours ago, Felandria said:

The reviews aren’t even bothering to pretend everybody hasn’t figured out the twist at this point.

I mean...

Spoiler

Even the most undiscriminating moviegoer could've called the twist being "Henry Golding isn't real" about halfway through the trailer alone.

• Like 1

Yea the trailer gave away the main story point. It was pretty obvious.

I have to say that the original trailer made it seem like it would be decent coupled with the people involved I thought it would get a better reception. But the movie isn’t getting trashed by critics so I think there’s still a possibility that it can be a crowd pleaser. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I'm kinda shocked by these reviews. Paul Feig usually always deliver the goods, his last and only rotten movie was released in 2006 for God's sake.

And that was before the notion of a Paul Feig movie came into existence. That movie was just a run-of-the-mill Christmas movie that he was hired to direct.

• Like 1