MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

26 minutes ago, john2000 said:

cases dont matter, if deaths and hospitalzations are low enough to the point that the health system can afford it then noone should care if there is 10k or 150k per day...... as for free guy and ss.Free guy even in normal circustances its an original ip that could very well havent clicked , will pandemic affect it ? sure , but it wasnt a sure fire hit to begin with , as for ss there are many factors at play 1) its r rated,2)pandemic,3)piracy and being free on hbo max,4)low buzz/interest to begin with,5)terrible first movie .Anyways we will see how it will play out for now unless ss suprises (which i hope it will ) ss is look at 30 mill ow or so , while free guy suprisingly is looking at around 25 mill ow and there is a chance for even more........

I agreed, but it's the cases who will be noticed on media and make a lot of people have fear.

And with so much overreactions because of box office, i think If both TSS and FG underperform, it can have a negative effect on how things are perceived because it's way easier to blame COVID.

I don't think they're counting on that, but i'm pretty sure they are ready to do if necessary.

• Like 1

@AJG I will concede that, because Netflix does limited theatrical release (for Oscar eligibility) before going to streaming, ONLY IN THEATERS originally distinguished from that. But now, yeah, things are changing daily so to speak. 

P.S. Fuck Chapek. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Eric Quinn said:

And people tried to doubt me.

Also remind of discussion that how Disney was supposed to announce that in Dec 2020 before HBO Max decided to one up them and got all the wrath.

However, I think you guys are reading too much in it.

In Theaters with dates is quite normal for marketing.

image.png

y'all can go in rabbit hole of searching the promos/trailers.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also remind of discussion that how Disney was supposed to announce that in Dec 2020 before HBO Max decided to one up them and got all the wrath.

However, I think you guys are reading too much in it.

In Theaters with dates is quite normal for marketing.

image.png

y'all can go in rabbit hole of searching the promos/trailers.

I mean... the example you provide was pre-every-reason-Disney-has-to-put-their-movies-on-Disney+-now. 2018 might as well be a century ago at this rate.

10 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

(giving the impression that contracts were renegotiated and worked out)

Well yes, but if Black Widow is any indication that may not be a guarantee.

But the point is they can't announce shit for Premiere Access till after they settle, and till it's publicly known that they've settled it, with Scarjo.

Disney publicly discredited Scarlett and attacked her character, who says they care about “bad looks”? I don’t think this goes PA but it wouldn’t necessarily be bad idea (except for theaters) or shocking. It’s not going to breakout theatrically and I’m sure it’s easier to negotiate contracts here than one of the biggest movie stars 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well yes, but if Black Widow is any indication that may not be a guarantee.

But the point is they can't announce shit for Premiere Access till after they settle, and till it's publicly known that they've settled it, with Scarjo.

Mhm, no disagreements there. Up until the article this afternoon, I figured they were working behind closed doors, making calls. They probably are, but slow news days makes it easier to keep it on people's minds, Last week, everything just about went dead silent on it until today.

All eyes on Shang Chi now, which I've been immensely looking forward to.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

If this gets PA, good for me. I would hate not being able to watch once it’s out, still not attending movie theaters at with delta spreading on Brazil and almost one month before I even getting a second jab. I agree with @AJG, the change from "only in theaters" to "in theaters" do seem suspect, and I don’t think Disney has a good win scenario here other than delaying their whole slate to next year all over again. This film isn’t banking without PA, they might as well take what they can get. Hopefully Simu Liu and the whole team are properly compensated this time around tho.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Disney publicly discredited Scarlett and attacked her character, who says they care about “bad looks”? I don’t think this goes PA but it wouldn’t necessarily be bad idea (except for theaters) or shocking. It’s not going to breakout theatrically and I’m sure it’s easier to negotiate contracts here than one of the biggest movie stars 

Come to think of it, this isn't the first time they responded extremely undiplomatically (to put it mildly) to something that they perceived as a bad looks on them. Remember firing James Gunn over decade old tweets? That was one of the rudest statements ever until they topped it with the statement that discredited and attacked Scarlett. And that was different leadership but some things never change I guess or they kept the same PR. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Come to think of it, this isn't the first time they responded extremely undiplomatically (to put it mildly) to something that they perceived as a bad looks on them. Remember firing James Gunn over decade old tweets? That was one of the rudest statements ever until they topped it with the statement that discredited and attacked Scarlett. And that was different leadership but some things never change I guess or they kept the same PR. 

Even their official statement after firing Gunn wasn't this harsh or an attack on his character. It was still somewhat professional.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Even their official statement after firing Gunn wasn't this harsh or an attack on his character. It was still somewhat professional.

It wasn't an attack on his character but it was "severing all ties" type of thing that was fairly harsh in its own right especially considering that he didn't do anything wrong. Tasteless jokes from ages ago big deal. It's not a crime. 

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It wasn't an attack on his character but it was "severing all ties" type of thing that was fairly harsh in its own right especially considering that he didn't do anything wrong. Tasteless jokes from ages ago big deal. It's not a crime. 

I know it's not a crime and I don't support Disney in either of these cases. What I'm saying is, it was less rude compared to their recent official statement. Revealing her salary in public and attacking her character is much worse in all counts.

• Like 1