MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Character posters usually come right around ticket sales. Maybe tomorrow?

No showtimes up yet and there tends to be some listings (even if they are greyed out) up for Marvel movies before they officially go on sale, so I'd guess sometime next week.  Could be a surprise though, sure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cap said:

if rooting for The Mandarin is wrong I refuse to be right.  Leung’s ZADDY POWAH.  

To be fair, Mulan had Donnie Yen, Jet Li and Gong Li in a single film; Forbidden Kingdom had Jackie Chan and Jet Li - these are much bigger stars internationally and in China compared to Tony Leung and Michelle Yeoh. Neither Tony Leung nor Michelle Yeoh are top 100 (or 200 in fact) box office grossers in China, in fact the former is sort of known for starring in a series of bad films in the last 10 yrs (check out the reviews of his recent movies Europe Raiders, Monster Hunt 2 is or The Great Magician).

Another point I am trying to say here is that while their star power matters - these are indeed much more known actors than the lead, however their impact is much reduced when they are not the lead just like Jackie / Jet playing supporting in Forbidden Kingdom, Donnie / Jet and Gong Li in Mulan.

Edited by TigerPaw

Before today, all promotion for Shang Chi included ‘Only in theatres’.

However all the promotion today has scrapped ‘Only’ and is now just saying ‘in theatres’.

With still no tickets on sale yet, its looking like Shang Chi might be getting a dual release announcement soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 2

3 hours ago, exomassey said:

However all the promotion today has scrapped ‘Only’ and is now just saying ‘in theatres’.

With still no tickets on sale yet, its looking like Shang Chi might be getting a dual release announcement soon.

Yikes. I certainly do hope not. I was looking forward to seeing pure theatrical release from next MCU movie. I am sick of this hybrid crap though Disney is at least PA only. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, exomassey said:

Yeah Disney, piss off King Kevin even more. I’m sure that’ll pay off long term. 

that certainly devalues the brand, Disney will make similar overall money, at least during COVID, but could cause long term damage with Marvel not being an event unless a teamup film

• Like 1

This feels like you’re reading too much into things. It doesn’t really make a lot of sense to change things right now. I think it would just upset the theater owners, the talent, and the creative team more by doing that. Plus it’s pretty late in the game to change all the advertising. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, exomassey said:

Before 

Screenshot-2021-08-06-at-08-17-58-6-Marv

After

Screenshot-2021-08-06-at-08-18-25-6-Rise

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AJG said:

Before 

Screenshot-2021-08-06-at-08-17-58-6-Marv

After

Screenshot-2021-08-06-at-08-18-25-6-Rise

i mean a pa release could happen , but really i think that you are reading too much to this....

example

Higher. Further. Faster. Watch the trailer for Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, in theaters March 8, 2019.

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

people are reading way too much  if you go to captain marvels first teaser it says  Higher. Further. Faster. Watch the trailer for Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel, in theaters March 8, 2019. so.....

Since 2019, you know, didn’t have a pandemic, they didn’t need to specify “only in theaters” as they do now. Literally all their trailers prior just said “in theaters”.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, Cap said:

This feels like you’re reading too much into things. It doesn’t really make a lot of sense to change things right now. I think it would just upset the theater owners, the talent, and the creative team more by doing that. Plus it’s pretty late in the game to change all the advertising. 

I probably am thinking too much into this. After everything with the Black Widow release, I doubt many at Disney want to upset the heads at Marvel again.

The lack of news regarding the release of tickets, that is making me think we might get a dual release more than anything.

14 minutes ago, exomassey said:

I probably am thinking too much into this. After everything with the Black Widow release, I doubt many at Disney want to upset the heads at Marvel again.

The lack of news regarding the release of tickets, that is making me think we might get a dual release more than anything.

not exactly tickets sales will probably be up by next week or so

• Like 1

I don't think this will be on PA simultaneously; not at this stage.. it is too late.

If they did not uturn with Free Guy (because of the original IP i would think less piracy concerns), i don't think they will risk it with Shang Chi.

• Like 4