grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

I get why the fans of the old movies may feel offended by the 2016 film, and it isn't fair to call everyone sexist for hating. The way filmmakers chose to honor the old characters and elements of the franchise didn't feel the most respectful. But still, it was a great film, and it was an amazing experience watching it at that political climate. It's one of my favorites.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This looks infinitely worse than the 2016 film and also feels kinda pretentious with how it's taking itself so seriously lol. It's obviously going for TFA vibes here which is the opposite direction for a sequel to a goofy comedy film.

I agree with you that banking on GB as some epic nostalgia mythology is bad and bizarre (the original is mostly SNL guys riffing) but it looks significantly better than the 2016 one. 

31 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This looks infinitely worse than the 2016 film

For the first time I agree with you hah.

31 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's obviously going for TFA vibes here which is the opposite direction for a sequel to a goofy comedy film.

TFA sequel was cancelled years ago and will never happen. This is Stranger Things/IT/Goonies knock off under Ghostbusters title, even though they still try to push for nostalgia.

Edited by Firepower