grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

Weird Sony maybe hurt themselves doing this and losing online coverage when the Internet is NWH nuts right now, but w/e. Hope this movie is indeed good.

The thing that stays my hand here is I remember some folks going nuts for Ready Player One after its screening at SXSW and while it was fairly well received it wasn't quite as nutso as the first impressions out of Austin.

Still, reactions look to be good given what EC just said in the CinemaCon thread.

2 hours ago, RRA said:

Weird Sony maybe hurt themselves doing this and losing online coverage when the Internet is NWH nuts right now, but w/e. Hope this movie is indeed good.

SONY's presentation at CINEMACON was not aimed at online coverage -- it was all about committing to theatre-owners for the future and making sure they know they will have product exclusively for them when initially released.  They are using their two best properties right now to do it.  Why not show Ghostbusters to an already-hyped Exhibitors audience?  The movie needed some renewed buzz and this will only light a fire further for the next month or so until major promo for the public heats up.  

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

This is gonna be like The Suicide Squad. It will pay the price for bad previous movie. I know this one is different, but Ghosbusters 2016 left a bad taste. No matter how good this movie is, the brand is tarnished

We all know already I’m the opposite on this so I won’t get into it lol. 

Older guys will love the references/involvement of the original cast in this one, as those CinemaCon tweets have proven (aside from that one lady who hadn’t seen the original). But let’s not ignore the fact that the 2016 was liked by a lot of today’s kids. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

As I said in the CinemaCon thread, holy fucking shit we have a MASSIVE crowd pleasing blockbuster on our hands.  

I gotta ask, is this a comedy or is it a Stranger Things film with a few jokes?