grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

46 minutes ago, Firepower said:

For the first time I agree with you hah.

TFA sequel was cancelled years ago and will never happen. This is Stranger Things/IT/Goonies knock off under Ghostbusters title, even though they still try to push for nostalgia.

TFA - The Force Awakens. Not sure what you're talking about.

If nothing else, this is sure to have the funniest promo tour of all the delayed-by-COVID aspiring tentpoles since Finn Wolfhard and McKenna Grace, being kids, will have noticeably aged a bit since they finished shooting it two years ago.

Just now, filmlover said:

If nothing else, this is sure to have the funniest promo tour of all the delayed-by-COVID aspiring tentpoles since Finn Wolfhard and McKenna Grace, being kids, will have noticeably aged a bit since they finished shooting it two years ago.

The delays have been interesting for kid actors. The little girl from "My Spy" keeps changing height every time she pops up in something. I cant imagine they could release Stranger Things 4 without reshooting episodes.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Diablo Cody busy doing her own IP reboot.

I'm still praying CW stops this Powerpuff Girls nonsense. Cody deserves better and Craig McCracken especially deserves better. And I guess Donald Faison too.

13 hours ago, grim22 said:

Seeing people online press this point, ignoring the fact that (1) yeah there's some adult stuff/context in that original movie and (2) all which went over the heads of kids of that era, who ate that movie up. This was a PG rated movie after all (PG-13 wasn't a thing yet.) Trust me, I was part of that generation who was into the toys, the (horrible) NES game, and the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series. Alot of kids connected to it on a superhero level, which makes sense when you think about it (people put on costumes to "save" the day using gizmos to fight magic.) 

13 hours ago, AJG said:

This is like that He-Man Netflix show for me. It looks like it's meant for kids but seems so attached to the old stuff that I can't really pinpoint why kids are meant to care. 

For better or worse, it's clearly being aimed at the middle age GB "fandom" since this will be the closest thing they'll get to a GB3 as a movie.* I'm curious to see if kids on their own want to watch this.

One good thing about Afterlife: Sony in synergy reposted many of the old Real Ghostbusters episodes on YouTube. That was a fun nostalgia vacation. That show was a better sequel than GB2 by a country mile. 

*=Granted that was the hook for the video game back in the 2010s, promoted by R/A as unofficially GB3. IIRC it sold fine but it wasn't the monster hit the developers had expected. Maybe there are just limits to that brand's power?