Eric the Minion

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

4 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The projectionist for programming it in wrong 😂 Why they’d still have the TLJ trailer on their system is beyond me though, for space saving reasons alone it should have been deleted by now.

Yeah, that was pretty bizarre. As you state for space alone the TLJ trailer should have been deleted a long time ago.

I have visions of that theaters computer desktop looking like  Doc Ock desktop in the Spideyverse movie. Wiered thing is I have seen desktops nearly that bad.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I knew  that the chain management would give the manager some special instructions about specific trailers.

But at least in the US over 90% of the time the last trailer before the feature starts is from the feature film studio. I can't help but think there is a physical reason for this.

But people talk about a trailer from one studio being "attached" to a film from another studio, and that just does not happen.

I think the whole “attached” thing comes from the days of film projection when a trailer would literally be spliced with the film. These days with most cinemas being digital that doesn’t happen as the film is an individual file on a hard drive, I’ve seen a trailer be included on a DCP hard drive before, but it’s always been a separate file, and even then there’s no real obligation to include it in the trailer pack.

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

I knew  that the chain management would give the manager some special instructions about specific trailers.

But at least in the US over 90% of the time the last trailer before the feature starts is from the feature film studio. I can't help but think there is a physical reason for this.

But people talk about a trailer from one studio being "attached" to a film from another studio, and that just does not happen.

Yes, in the States it's all much more formal and a product of negotiations between studios/exhibitors. Generally one/two trailers from the same studio are guaranteed 'attached' to all screenings. I'm guessing that's a hold over from the 35mm days where the trailers from the same studio were physically spliced in - hell, same with recent 70mm releases too from Warners here in the UK. Dunkirk had BR2049, Justice League and (for IMAX 70mm prints) The Last Jedi attached, Joker had the Tenet teaser attached to prints. 

Anyway the prologue - an extended preview like this - is surely a product of more complex discussion between WB and Disney. Disney absolutely will - and in the case of Dunkirk did - have a say as to which venues could play it.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I can't tell if this film has been more secretive than the usual Nolan projects or I've just paid less attention. 

definitely more secretive. even inception i feel like we knew the basic premise at this point. still no real idea what this is actually about beyond there's spies and some kind of time travel element.

• Like 1