sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just another one of those franchises that overseas audiences never gravitated towards for whatever reason.

Lord/Miller’s humor doesn’t translate well OS sadly.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Lord/Miller’s humor doesn’t translate well OS sadly.

We like our animations like real animations. Not these trashy gimmicks inserted by Lord Miller. This is why LEGO and Spider-Verse will always underperform/bomb OS. Always. We like the real deal, not some crappy looking shit that hurts the eyes.

Lord Miller doing animations is a MISTAKE.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

We like our animations like real animations. Not these trashy gimmicks inserted by Lord Miller. This is why LEGO and Spider-Verse will always underperform/bomb OS. Always. We like the real deal, not some crappy looking shit that hurts the eyes.

No. 

And explain loving Vincent 

• Like 1

Listen....yes Lego 2 numbers aren't the best but if you told me 5 years ago that this would be a Billion Dollar Film Franchise....many wouldn't of agreed.   They are doing stop-motion Lego Animation....most would feel these are for the small screen than big screen but they pulled it off.  This was never easy to accomplish.   I do think "Ninjago" should of been the 4th film with Lego 2 being the 3rd but I commend Phil and Lord for making these films.   Liam can blame himself for those average numbers for "Cold Pursuit".   "What Men Want" didn't put up the same numbers as the original with Mel but it was a smaller budget as well.   "Upside" just keeps chugging along.  Lastly Congrats to M. Night and Glass.  3 straight weeks basically at #1.  Overall average weekend.  

Edited by filmscholar

51 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It hasn't opened in most OS big markets though. Only big markets were UK, Russia, Germany, and Spain. Still has France, Italy, Mexico, and Australia to open in.

I totally forgot about Australia lol first LEGO was huge there

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Ice Age 6 and Minions 2 coming up

This year is a snoozer folks. I’ve been watching home video lately. Used DVDs are now so damn cheap, or movies anywhere. Watched Daredevil theatrical ‘03 beats the shit out of new Marvel IMHO. 

And Night School is good but not amazing. I enjoyed it for Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish. The others are enjoyable.  It’s a better movie than that other back to school comedy no one saw with Melissa McCarthy... although that’s a harmless movie that’s pretty forgettable 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I am just now seeing how well Upside has legged it out.  It’s going to hit 100m fairly easily.

If the Upside can continue these holds, it may even challenge Glass for top January film this year. What a turn of events from last year, when Glass was expected to easily dominate January. 

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Either Shay has hacked into your account or you got no excuse

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

Visionary Robitel Da Gawd deserves this success. Blum should be locking this man into a 5 picture deal or something like that.

In all seriousness, I've known Adam for years and he's a really great guy. He deserves this success.

32 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This year is a snoozer folks. I’ve been watching home video lately. Used DVDs are now so damn cheap, or movies anywhere. Watched Daredevil theatrical ‘03 beats the shit out of new Marvel IMHO. 

And Night School is good but not amazing. I enjoyed it for Kevin Hart and Tiffany Haddish. The others are enjoyable.  It’s a better movie than that other back to school comedy no one saw with Melissa McCarthy... although that’s a harmless movie that’s pretty forgettable 

yes incredible

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Either Shay has hacked into your account or you got no excuse

He is right though, audiences clearly prefer regular CGI animation with nothing fancy.

And lego2 & spiderverse are bad movies so.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

YOU MUST BE STOPPED

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

But where? Onward and Mulan are both in early/late March and I think Trolls opens the first week of April. I can see January/February since I think either Mitchells or Peter Rabbit 2 will move as Sony has six animated films scheduled and Nimona is a question mark due to the Disney acquisition.

Trolls 2 is mid April so first week of April could work, February is a little stacked with Bond and Birds of Prey and I suspect Peter Rabbit 2 will stay put. I’m unsure about January but MLK weekend might work

Lord and Miller are so in love with their  meta bullshit that it allows them to produce CGI movies with sub par animation that is mistakenly described by cinephiles and the elites as ART with a capital A.

Hilarious really.

But then again, modern art Paintings with two lines on a canevas that a 3yo could do are sold 10m$ at Sotheby's and the so called elites freneticaly masturbate on these paintings claiming they hold the mysteries of the human condition.

The average Joe & Jane just loves beauty in art, is that too much to ask ?

Seems like it.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1