TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

2 hours ago, xiazhi said:

Guess the earlier 80-90M speculation is without extra photography back in December. The latest news says 100M

No, Variety gave their number (OI think it was $81m) at April 3 and that is saying its less. As already told to you.

Deadline gave 2 weeks earlier the 100, BOM and The-Numbers gave it 1-2 days back, The-Numbers says $85m, BOM says the same as Deadline.

But THR,... all say less than Deadline.

I know you are a big Dealdline fan, but, again, do not belief into all they say

9 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

Direct competition opened this weekend.

It's also a movie that hasn't connected with everyone.

14 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

You keep saying this but it seems pretty baseless.

I mean, it's clearly not baseless given its Cinemascore and overall reception. And the fact that movies in general aren't going to connect with everyone. Maybe a meaningless sentiment on its own, but not baseless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

The second set of numbers is the major reason the film was considered very financially successful

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Captain-America-The-First-Avenger#tab=video-sales

Theatrical Performance

Domestic Box Office $176,654,505  

International Box Office $193,915,271  

Worldwide Box Office $370,569,776  

Home Market Performance

Est. Domestic DVD Sales $50,300,729  

Est. Domestic Blu-ray Sales $103,167,217  

Total Est. Domestic Video Sales $153,467,946  

That Blu Ray numbers just got updated.  It was stuck at 60M$ for 5 years...

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, baumer said:

Us drops 58% if that number holds. More proof that the film is not really connecting with audiences. It's way too weird in my opinion way too many potholes in my opinion, actually that was not an opinion that's a fact lol. So it doesn't surprise me see the third weekend drop be quite large.

Not explaining every little thing is not the same thing as being full of plot-holes.

It's a genre film that was treated as a de facto sequel and opened to $71.1 million, and direct competition is opening to over $20 million this weekend.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, langer said:

That Blu Ray numbers just got updated.  It was stuck at 60M$ for 5 years...

If it is not a bug, selling $55M after 2014 for a 2011 release would be extremely impressive. First Thor / Iron Man 1-2, Batman Begin, Dark Knight, have been stuck for a very long time, would not surprise me to see some similar boost to them.

I totally understand the WOM for Pet Sematary. Extremely lame third act that undermines everything else the movie set up. I fell bad for the cast; all gave great performances in a trash film. 

• Like 1