Eric the IF

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

22 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'm not a fan personally of nonstop action with no significance and horrible unresolved endings. I've watched IW half a dozen times. Last time I didn't even finish it. 

It's all just based on opinions and feelings. Both are totally different movies. 

I would strongly disagree that AIW is a nonstop action with no significance. First, AIW being "well paced" does not mean that it is "fast paced". There are plenty of character interaction, dialogues interspersed with actions. Secondly how can you say that the action is "with no significance"? The SH put up a lot of actions against Thanos and Black Orders, but failed, that is the significance.

"horrible unresolved endings". Firstly, as many have said, AIW can be viewed as a standalone if you take Thanos as the main character (which he is), and the ending is nicely resolved for him. Secondly, the "unresolved" ending that AIW took the hit for is what contributes to the the narrative and the success of A:ED you are seeing now.

I have dozens of favourite movies that I watched repeatedly dozens of times, and often I don't watch them from begining to end as well.

The fact that you can repeatedly AIW at least 5 and half times tell me that AIW does not seem that bad to you as you implied.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It's kinda hilarious to think that only a year ago, we believed IW FSS was possibly the "ceiling" on demand and capacity (not real capacity, I know it could hold more. I mean demand capacity). 

And a lot of people thought EG had weak buzz (bound to decrease from IW).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

I’m generally curious how Monday is going to play.  Most people will be at work or school.  Unless there’s a holiday I’m not aware of 

I'd say the target number is $30m. IW did $24.7m for comparison.

• Like 1

Don't think my message posted earlier but just wanted to say that I saw the last showing at my theater last night (which was packed, btw). And while I have issues with Endgame, it does live up to the hype and is definitely more epic than IW, though I understand why some may prefer IW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I'd say the target number is $30m. IW did $24.7m for comparison.

Personally, I think BP's $40m is in play. Spillover and a -60% drop from Sunday seems reasonable. 

Just now, Stewart said:

Personally, I think BP's $40m is in play. Spillover and a -60% drop from Sunday seems reasonable. 

It very well may be but I'm still trying to keep my expectations somewhat in check lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Summary, please!

153M, under Capt. Marvel OW

backonthemenu.gif + Charlie’s premature 125M Sat

site crashed

GOT blah blah blah

@MrPink is still banned

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

$195mn Friday as per some actuals and my estimates.

http://bit.ly/EGOverseas

Might want to state clearly that's overseas, can see some people suddenly thinking domestic :P 

Just now, VenomXXR said:

It very well may be but I'm still trying to keep my expectations somewhat in check lol

And that will be your downfall :Venom:

Endgame teaches us to expect the unexpected and yet we still fail

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

50 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Just to give an idea of what Sat is, a certain number was 18.5k yesterday, its 21.5k today. Its crazy.

For IW that was 11k and 12.5k respectively.

I just completely *love* underlying data point stuff like that, thank you for sharing! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, justvision said:

I would strongly disagree that AIW is a nonstop action with no significance. First, AIW being "well paced" does not mean that it is "fast paced". There are plenty of characters interaction, dialogues interspersed with actions. Secondly how can you say that the action is "with no significance"? The SH put up a lot of actions against Thanos and Black Orders, but failed, thatis the significance.

"horrible unresolved endings". Firstly, as many have said, AIW can be viewed as a standalone if you take Thanos as the main character (which he is), and the ending is nicely resolved for him. Secondly, the "unresolved" ending that AIW took the hit for is what contribute the the narrative and the success of A:ED

I have dozens of favourite movies that I watched repeatedly dozens of times, and often I don't watch them from begining to end as well.

The fact that you can repeatedly AIW at least 5 and half times tell me that AIW does not seem that bad to you as you implied.

I don't think it's horrible. I think it's bad in comparison to end game. Saw Infinity twice in theaters family/wife separate. Tried to watch it twice before End Game to prepare and I forget the other ones. First when released to Netflix and some other time. 

I agree he was the main character but the murdering sociopath is actually good never worked for me so because I don't like Thanos I don't care for the film. Brolin is incredible though. Plenty of dialogue constantly cut short and a bunch of meaningless action of course imo.

I don't own Infinity War and won't ever buy it. Will buy end game.

To me I had Infinity War way too high (around top 3) before this. Now I have 10th or 11th.  I like it about as much as I like DH part 1. However I feel it's better because Brolin is so good.

I get why people love consistent super fast paced films I just don't. It is wrong in general, just for me and others who prefer time to digest.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Those who are following Hollywood BO from long, has any studio ever adjusted Midnight previews while reporting Friday because TBH 99mn with 60mn doesn't add up. Previews must be higher.

Why doesn't it add up?  IW made 67.3M on Friday off of 39M in previews (1.73x).  If Endgame makes 99M on Friday off of 60M in previews, that's 1.65x.

I mean, that's crazy, but so is literally everything else about this weekend, so why is that particularly unbelievable?

• Like 1