Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

25 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The way you all are commenting on Endgame after seeing it, it makes me wonder if this movie could get the "capstone" Oscar like Return of the King did...22 movies with a final amazing delivery could be the type of thing that finally gets a super movie a best Oscar...b/c if it isn't this one, which one would it ever be?:)  

Of course, it probably depends on what's coming out this fall...

PS - I'm kidding, but only kinda:)...Black Panther did open the door to supers able to get nominated last year...and you all are making it sound like this movie is the ultimate achievement (don't tell me til May 7th at 10pm EST:)...

Eh. Depends on the competition. If a film stands as an artistic achievement like The Hurt Locker did, Endgame could have the same fate as Avatar. Just last year, a nameless Academy member compared Black Panther to "the stuff that oozes out of the drainage pipes of fast food restaurants." So basically, two narratives will wage war with one another: the narrative that "a win for Endgame would rejuvenate the public's interest in the Oscars," and the narrative that "Best Picture Oscars simply do not go to films like Endgame." It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think it'll at least get a nomination. Never say never in regards to a win.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

Endgame is not getting a best picture nomination as much as I'd like it too

Most films to place top 2 WW do, and the reviews are pretty hot. If A+ comes through and/or a lot of Oscar bait this year sucks 

I’ll at least give it a small chance

Endgame is not gonna get Best Picture noms. The 3rd act alone will give Hollywood elitists the fits. Zoe Saldana spilled the tea on this. A bunch of them are allergic to CBMs and thinks Marvel actors are sell-outs. BP was a zeitgeist and was treated as an exception, hence the noms.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I don't care if the Russos' next movie is a slow romantic drama. I'm there for whatever they do next and for the rest of their career. These men have earned it.

Haven't seen EG yet by the way, but I don't need to.

My sources tell me they're finally moving on to their passion project: a gritty sequel to their 2006 hit You, Me and Dupree.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Telegram users had an internal poll and we all voted that the greatest MCU movie of all time was Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.

I just figured I’d let the rest of BOT users know which movie we’ve chosen as the champion MCU movie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

He's still around? :o

No clue what happened to him, but he's a marvel die hard, I remember him from HULK 2003 flopping...I hope he is enjoying his shining moment 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Requiem for BKB..

3 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

You scared me for a second there. I thought it was him. :ohmygod:

2 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

He's still around? :o

I tend to stay away from the threads of blockbusters the majority of the time, mainly due to lack of interest, so I consider it good fortune to have little to no stakes or knowledge in the conversations surrounding the affairs of those who are susceptible to committing bannable offenses.

14 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Flashback to 2007 when I called IRON MAN's mega breakout 1 year in advance:

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33185

This weekend is going to make me feel very, very old.

I really enjoyed that link to be honest.

My favorite part was seeing people already in 2007 saying "comic book fatigue" was going to hurt Iron Man.

Most of those people predicting seemed clueless. I was not into CBM back then, but enjoyed them well enough and I remember hearing talk about IM 6+ months out.