Eric the IF

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, terrestrial said:

@Porthos

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm gonna have to stay spoiler free for about...48 more hours?  I'm going at 7 on Friday, but as long I don't accidentally click on the spoiler thread because BOT mobile fucks me over then I should probably be ok

It’s real. I’ve accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread because of its close proximity to this thread. Ended up reading a spoiler, which was when I realized I was in the wrong thread. 🤬

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7472961

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

Watch early estimates hits $297.9M and somehow true numbers put it over to $300.2M. 😁

TA: 200.3M estimates, 207.4M actual

IW: 250.0M estimate, 257.7 actual

So to follow tradition and fulfill its destiny, Endgame must manage 300M estimate, follow up by 307M actuals.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Solid number. Accounting for growth in social media would imply a similar level of anticipation to TLJ.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

38.4% of the Endgame teaser....

"Your powers are quant. You must be popular with children" ;) 

"I refer the honorable gentleman to the reply I gave some moments ago"*:

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

And, no, of course it's no Endgame in terms of hype.  Doesn't need to be.  

Yes, I AM the resident Shill and Apologist, so I would say that.  But, really, if we're gonna compare everything to Endgame, lots of us will be so blinded by staring at the sun, that we'll miss all the beautiful trees elsewhere (to horribly mix my metaphors ;))

* Yes, I watched waay too much of the British Parliament "Question Time" in my college years, why do you ask?

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Solid number. Accounting for growth in social media would imply a similar level of anticipation to TLJ.

I said this in the TROS thread, but for me the sharing between platforms is what's the healthy sign.  Shows that fans are circulating it among themselves and that the fanbase isn't as dispirited or moribund as some claim.

And, again, it's no Endgame.  But if "LOL, Not Endgame" is gonna become the new measuring stick, I'm gonna check out of these conversations even more quickly than I normally do. ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Sureeeeee. That must be the reason why they took 1 week to announce it. These numbers has more makeup than Lady Gaga.

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 10

17 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

It’s real. I’ve accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread because of its close proximity to this thread. Ended up reading a spoiler, which was when I realized I was in the wrong thread. 🤬

did the same thing yesterday. Like Spoiler threads should have their own forum or something. 

Just now, Porthos said:

I said this in the TROS thread, but for me the sharing between platforms is what's the healthy sign.  Shows that fans are circulating it among themselves and that the fanbase isn't as dispirited or moribund as some claim.

And, again, it's no Endgame.  But if "LOL, Not Endgame" is gonna become the new measuring stick, I'm gonna check out of these conversations even more quickly than I normally do. ;)

Yeah I think the SW is dead claims are massive hyperbole. Sometimes people (including me) let personal dissatisfactions ruin analysis, but numbers like these prove there's still quite a bit of hype for SW. The only thing that would make me think there's an issue is if the final trailer breaks SW traditions and isn't the most viewed, which depends on how much of the virality of this one was due to the Palpatine reveal. I saw a lot of anticipation for the trailer pre-release though, so I'd say it should follow form and increase with the official. But we will see.

4 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Sureeeeee. That must be the reason why they took 1 week to announce it. These numbers has more makeup than Lady Gaga.

Are you knocking both Star Wars AND Lady Gaga in one go? Smh

But seriously, Disney doesn't announce these things unless it's some groundbreaking number, right? This didn't make the top ten, so they didn't have any buzz to really extract from these numbers. Deadline taking a week for their own sources to report the number isn't exactly absurd.

• Like 2