Eric the IF

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, Premium George said:

SW trailer views are always relatively low for their box office (the exception was TFA which was obviously another level of hype). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Sureeeeee. That must be the reason why they took 1 week to announce it. These numbers has more makeup than Lady Gaga.

"They"???

Deadline is covering up for Disney?  Is that what you're implying? :wintf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sam said:

TA: 200.3M estimates, 207.4M actual

IW: 250.0M estimate, 257.7 actual

So to follow tradition and fulfill its destiny, Endgame must manage 300M estimate, follow up by 307M actuals.

I understand the math.  That will be my Summer Game prediction

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

SW trailer views are always relatively low for their box office (the exception was TFA which was obviously another level of hype). 

Maybe. This has one of the biggest SW character in it, so, I thiught it will be higher. But this was also a proper teaser, not a teaser trailer, that can cause low views. Let's see the numbers for first trailer.

For me first 24 hours views have less importance than total views on YouTube, which BOR has shown good co relation.

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

Maybe. This has one of the biggest SW character in it, so, I thiught it will be higher. But this was also a proper teaser, not a teaser trailer, that can cause low views. Let's see the numbers for first trailer.

For me first 24 hours views have less importance than total views on YouTube, which BOR has shown good co relation.

TLJ teaser had Luke's first words since the OT, only got 96 million. But this thread is getting a little derailed so I'm gonna end with that.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sam said:

I remember there was an Avengers anime series a few years back. 

Yes they looked pretty cool in anime form. But after having watched Endgame, IW and EG would definitely look beautiful if they were made into anime. The action scenes would look awesome.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rerga said:

Who else is practicing to hold their bladder? 

Nah already a master. In kindergarten I was placed in a glass of grade 2-4 who thought it would be funny to tell me all year long that Bloody Mary lived in the bathroom and killed any kindergartener who used the toilets. 

100% not joking, I didn't go pee all damn year at school. I'll be fine for Endgame

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 2

Australia. 

AUD10.2m+ OD on Wednesday with sessions starting from 8am east coast time. 

TFA had AUD9.4m OD with around $2.8m from midnights. 

TFA less midnights - $6.65m

IW with no midnights - $8.7m

(public holiday with 1pm start in some states)

Endgame 8am start - $10.2m

Thursday is a public holiday although in some states theatres can’t open until later in the day because of ANZAC Day restrictions.(I think 1pm is the latest)

Averaging around $7m per day over the next 4 days seems a strong likelihood. $28m for the 4 day weekend would be over TFA even after burning off $10m on the first day. 

The IW 4 day (Thu-Sun) OW to OD Wednesday ratio was 21.2:8.7=2.43

AUD10.2 x 2.43 gives AUD24.8m. 

Given today is a public holiday and huge numbers of people are off work tomorrow (many businesses are shutting for the day as well. My work is shut tomorrow.) I say AUD25m is the absolute floor and it has a real strong shot at $30m. 

CM is at $40.4m.  Endgame has a shot at passing it by Sunday but more likely on Monday. 

What about Domestic? This all suggests USD300m is looking very solid. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 9

46 minutes ago, rerga said:

Who else is practicing to hold their bladder? 

I watched Return of the King 6 times in the theater and made it through safely.  Then again, that was 16 years ago when my bladder could hold a 12 pack of beer and not even flinch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Why are people talking about Star Wars trailer views in a thread about the upcoming weekend ?

Because we need to break the thread page record and talking about sw is a great way to start a a flame war now

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

I watched Return of the King 6 times in the theater and made it through safely.  Then again, that was 16 years ago when my bladder could hold a 12 pack of beer and not even flinch. 

Our tradition is to do pizza and beers before big movies.   Not sure I can risk it this year

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1