Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Stewart said:

Good luck holding out till then!

Do your children not want to see it then if it's just you and the hubby going? Or are they waiting for Pika Pika?

Kids are spooked by the length, so we'll see it, and decide if we take them later for a discount Saturday morning show (I will say, the youngest, who I don't think can hack it, is dying to go, so if he can swim a lap across the pool at swim lessons, we'll buy him a ticket the next day, since I'm sure I won't mind seeing it twice...I have used movies this year to bribe him to get over water fear - that was KWWBK and Lego 2...and now to get him swimming...they worked for the 1st part, and I hope they do the 2nd:)...

Yes, we will be at Pika Pika as a family within its 1st 2 weekends (I have to see how our lives shape up for its OW...we might have to go the 2nd one, which is much more open:)...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Kids are spooked by the length, so we'll see it, and decide if we take them later for a discount Saturday morning show

Sounds like a good plan. Although it is 3 hours, personally it didn't quite feel that long, so much going on all the time!

(I will say, the youngest, who I don't think can hack it, is dying to go, so if he can swim a lap across the pool at swim lessons, we'll buy him a ticket the next day, since I'm sure I won't mind seeing it twice...I have used movies this year to bribe him to get over water fear - that was KWWBK and Lego 2...and now to get him swimming...they worked for the 1st part, and I hope they do the 2nd:)...

That's actually a fantastic idea! A very civil and moral way to give a child what they want, without just giving into it. Might keep that tip in my back pocket for when I eventually have children :) 

Yes, we will be at Pika Pika as a family within its 1st 2 weekends (I have to see how our lives shape up for its OW...we might have to go the 2nd one, which is much more open:)...

Good to hear! Out of interest is there anything in particular attracting you to it? Short length or PG rating by any chance?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

As massive as Avengers is, its pathetic no studio will counter program against Disney this weekend

Isn't Breakthrough considered a counterprogram? Granted it's a Disney release but still..

7 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Sounds like a good plan. Although it is 3 hours, personally it didn't quite feel that long, so much going on all the time!

That's actually a fantastic idea! A very civil and moral way to give a child what they want, without just giving into it. Might keep that tip in my back pocket for when I eventually have children :) 

Good to hear! Out of interest is there anything in particular attracting you to it? Short length or PG rating by any chance?

For Pokemon, my 2 older girl teens grew up on EVERYTHING Pokemon (the card games, the tv shows, the video games, the stuffies, etc).

The younger boys just think the preview is hilarious, and they love funny movies.

I'm in b/c it's a new family concept...I'm pretty much in for any movie of that type (I was at Power Rangers, for the same reason - girls grew up on it, boys thought it looked awesome, and it was new:)...

I keep my expectations as a total non-fan low...although I have loved the previews and especially their music choices, so my hopes for decent family viewing are high:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

I would say the run time actually drove up hype then scare people away really.

People were likely thinking this was going to be one hell of a epic movie. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

As massive as Avengers is, its pathetic no studio will counter program against Disney this weekend

Do you blame them, it’s better to schedule after the hype has died down as evident with Pika in two weeks

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Do you blame them, it’s better to schedule after the hype has died down as evident with Pika in two weeks

Absolutely, can you imagine how insane it would be to position Pikachu this week or next? It could lose 100+ million DOM

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Deadline moves it’s estimate to 140m+ Friday and 315-330m opening. 

I have mixed feelings about this. 

On one hand I want it to do well

On the other hand I don't want it to do more than or less than 312 million as i put that as my derby prediction

It’s even bigger than originally seen this morning. Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is tearing up all the record books with a $140M-$150M opening day, blasting away Star Wars: Force Awakens‘ record first day and single day records of $119.1M. 

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1