Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-avengers-endgame-hits-record-60m-previews-1204963

In an unprecedented feat, Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Endgame is headed for a staggering $300 million-plus North American debut, according to early Friday matinees.

Friday's haul alone is an estimated $140 million. That includes $60 million in Thursday previews. Both are records.

No film in history has crossed the $300 million threshold in its domestic debut.

Overseas, Avengers: Endgame also continues to shatter records since beginning to roll out on Wednesday. Its two-day gross is a massive $305 million, including a hefty chunk from China, for an early worldwide total of $365 million before the weekend even began.

Directed by the Russo brothers, who shot the movie back-to-back with last year's Infinity WarEndgame is now on course for a global launch of $950 million, if not $1 billion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Jesus Christ, Disney buying Marvel is possibly the greatest investment anyone has ever made... lol

Yeah, that´s right.

Somthing that i´m thinking about is after Jurassic Park CGI it took 7 years to someone decide to make a good superhero movie with those new great visual effect, ant took almost 15 years to somebody decide to purchase Marvel was a brilliant idea.

i don´t know how wasn´t fastest after Jurassic Park... because this was a clear option of  great business as we are seeing...

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Endgame is going to clear $1b global opening, even if we remove all the countries (including China) that got to see the film on the 24th.

Tbh it woudn't because if you would REMOVE all the countries that it opened in before you would lose 340m from china, $47m from South korea, $26m from Germany, also Italy and France + Australia)

EG isn't going to make 1.5B this weekend ;)

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

When End Game makes more on OW than most CBM make in their total run 

:Gaga:

Considering it's better than pretty much every other CBM ever made... seems well deserved tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

That fool John Campea was talking all month that Endgame wouldn’t even come close too 300 mil ow 

Campea has been underplaying the MCU for months now. He still doesn't think that the MCU has surpassed Star Wars in the cultural zeitgeist. He foreshadowed his lukewarm review for EG by continually saying that he hoped that the movie doesn't suck, and had more anticipation for the Lion King and Star Wars then Endgame. Today he was comparing the Thursday night number to The Force Awakens, to use it as evidence that Endgame won't hit 300 million OW. Its strange, but it seems he sees the MCU as a threat to the Star Wars Legacy.

Edited by dsahy
clarity

Just now, MattW said:

EG < IW ?

330 OW and bvs legs would do it.

Well, I did say 'probably'.  I like to be cautious and all. ;)

(also was being a bit understated with the 'probably' bit :lol:)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blackspider said:

If this hits 150m it’ll mean it only took 3 1/2 years from 100m+ OD to 150m+ OD. It took more than 10 years to get from 50m+ to 100m+ OD.  Crazy.

Deathly Hallows 2 was 8 years ago.... 

Edit: ignore me, why did I think it hit 100m.

Edited by SchumacherFTW