Eric Prime

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I anticipated that exact reply the moment I posted that, not even worth responding to.  The only difference was I thought that the person who posted it would have no avatar and 500 posts; I was hoping for better content from an admin

I'm a little embarrassed for the rest of the forum that I had to be 1st... everyone must be at the movies or something.

However... although posted as a joke there is a hint of seriousness in it.

Publicly calling out an anonymous group of members tell more about you than the 'bad' posters that you feel are unworthy of reading . It's like YAGE posts.  What's the point of doing it publicly.

Why not just block people you don't want to see post and go about your life? I'm sure they'll live.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Just now, AndyLL said:

I'm a little embarrassed for the rest of the forum that I had to be 1st... everyone must be at the movies or something.

However... although posted as a joke there is a hint of seriousness in it.

Publicly calling out an anonymous group of members tell more about you than the 'bad' posters that you feel are unworthy of reading . It's like YAGE posts.  What's the point of doing it publicly.

Why not just block people you don't want to see post and go about your life? I'm sure they'll live.

But if he didn't tell people he was pre-emptively blocking them then no one would respond to the post.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I was reading this board the whole weekend for TA, before I even joined. I suffered through the "disappointment" of AOU, even though AOU performed pretty well at the box office (really just GiantCALBears insulting RTH's predictions and bragging about how Harry Potter is bigger than Marvel will ever be). I was here for the "redemption" and glory that was IW. Now, we're in the Endgame. This should be an exciting weekend. I am going to be checking this site like crazy. After what happened with AOU, I am not going to get too over-confident, but I am hoping to see some fireworks, in a good way. I am ready for "Iron Man and friends."

GiantCalBears is a fycking welcher. Dude bounced once he couldn’t pay baumer $1000. 

• Like 1

BOM prediction $300M on the dot. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4506&p=.htm

• Avengers: Endgame - $300.0 M
  • The Curse of La Llorona - $10.5 M
  • Shazam! - $9.1 M
  • Captain Marvel - $7.3 M
  • Breakthrough - $6.1 M
  • Dumbo - $3.8 M
  • Little - $3.8 M
  • Missing Link - $2.4 M
  • Pet Sematary - $2.3 M
  • Us - $1.9 M

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 10
  • Disbelief 1

Well, let's the Summer Games Begin.   My favorite time as a movie fan is always the Summer Season.   The Heavy hitters are out big time.   So...MCU has broken the OW record twice.  Both were "Avengers" Films.  Only "Star Wars", "Batman" and "Jurassic Park" Franchises have broken the record 3 Times.  "Jaws, Star Trek, Indy  Spidey and Potter Franchises broke it twice with "Avengers" as well.  

I was thinking about the OW Record and and I remember 1989 it was broken 3 times back to back with (Ghostbusters, Batman and Indy 3).  Then in 2015, "Jurassic World" and "Awakens" broken it back to back.   1981-1984 saw the record broken 4 straight years.   "Batman Returns" and "Jurassic Park" broke it back to back in 92 and 93.   Same with "Spidey 3" and "Dark Knight"  07 and 08 and Potter and the Avengers in 11 and 12.   So there is precedent of the OW record falling in back to back years or in the same calendar year.   So we will see.  

Year Title Opening weekend[16] Territory
1975 Jaws[nb 1] $7,061,513 United States and Canada
1978 Jaws 2 $9,866,023 United States and Canada
1978 Star Wars (re-release) $10,166,336 United States and Canada
1978 Every Which Way but Loose[nb 2] $10,272,294 United States and Canada
1979 Star Trek: The Motion Picture $11,926,421 United States and Canada
1981 Superman II $14,100,523 United States and Canada
1982 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan $14,347,221 United States and Canada
1983 Return of the Jedi $23,019,618 United States and Canada
1984 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom $25,337,110 United States and Canada
1987 Beverly Hills Cop II $26,348,555 United States and Canada
1989 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade $29,355,021 United States and Canada
1989 Ghostbusters II $29,472,894 United States and Canada
1989 Batman $40,505,884 United States and Canada
1992 Batman Returns $45,687,711 United States and Canada
1993 Jurassic Park $47,026,828 United States and Canada
1995 Batman Forever $52,784,433 United States and Canada
1997 The Lost World: Jurassic Park $72,132,785 United States and Canada
2001 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone $90,294,621 United States and Canada
2002 Spider-Man $114,844,116 United States and Canada
2006 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $135,634,554 United States and Canada
2007 Spider-Man 3 $151,116,516 United States and Canada
2008 The Dark Knight $158,411,483 United States and Canada
2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 $169,189,427 United States and Canada
2012 The Avengers $207,438,708 United States and Canada
2015 Jurassic World $208,806,270 United States and Canada
2015 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $247,966,675 United States and Canada
2018 Avengers: Infinity War $257,698,183 United States and Canada

OW Records I attended: "Return of the Jedi", "Ghostbusters II", "Batman", "Batman Returns", "Jurassic Park", "Batman Forever", "The Lost World", "Spider-Man", "Dead Man's Chest", "Spidey 3", "Dark Knight", "The Avengers", "Jurassic World", "Awakens", "Infinity War".  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here since Black Panther (and before that on r/boxoffice because I thought there wasn't a better platform for box office discussion lol) and now finally decided to make an account since we're gearing up for a truly historic weekend and I want to be part of it even though I don't have much to contribute besides incoherent excited screeching.

I'm one of those much talked about kids who grew up with MCU. I was 10 when Iron Man came out and these movies have been important part of my life for past decade. I'm currently feeling incredibly hyped but also kind of genuinely sad because while I know MCU world will go on it still feels almost like final end for my childhood.

Endgame is opening in my country tonight already but the super villain owners of the only theater in my town apparently realized this is a good opportunity to squeeze extra coins from the fanboys and decided to show 3d version (there are only 2 screens in the theater and only 1 showing per movie in the day) and I can't watch 3d because it gives me migraine😑. They pulled this shit with IW too... So I will be seeing it tomorrow with my brother. I will probably cry and he will laugh at me. He is actually good example of how marvel has been lately expanding here and reaching people who don't usually care about cbms. Captain Marvel was a first marvel movie he saw and while he has not quite become a fan he's still interested in seeing what will happen in endgame. I think there's gonna be lot of people like that who are getting caught up in hype. Hype has in general been insane here (Finland) for a comic book movie. Endgame broke TLJ's first day presales recoed here too which is super impressive especially considering that we finns, like many other european countries, are very much a star wars nation and outside of fanboys fairly indifferent to superheroes. I don't know how exactly big Endgame will be here but definitely even bigger than infinity war and hopefully less frontloaded:ph34r:. Anyways even all the europeans are jumping on board and nothing will stop this train.

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Well, let's the Summer Games Begin.   My favorite time as a movie fan is always the Summer Season.   The Heavy hitters are out big time.   So...MCU has broken the OW record twice.  Both were "Avengers" Films.  Only "Star Wars", "Batman" and "Jurassic Park" Franchises have broken the record 3 Times.  "Jaws, Star Trek, Indy  Spidey and Potter Franchises broke it twice with "Avengers" as well.  

I was thinking about the OW Record and and I remember 1989 it was broken 3 times back to back with (Ghostbusters, Batman and Indy 3).  Then in 2015, "Jurassic World" and "Awakens" broken it back to back.   1981-1984 saw the record broken 4 straight years.   "Batman Returns" and "Jurassic Park" broke it back to back in 92 and 93.   Same with "Spidey 3" and "Dark Knight"  07 and 08 and Potter and the Avengers in 11 and 12.   So there is precedent of the OW record falling in back to back years or in the same calendar year.   So we will see.  

Year Title Opening weekend[16] Territory
1975 Jaws[nb 1] $7,061,513 United States and Canada
1978 Jaws 2 $9,866,023 United States and Canada
1978 Star Wars (re-release) $10,166,336 United States and Canada
1978 Every Which Way but Loose[nb 2] $10,272,294 United States and Canada
1979 Star Trek: The Motion Picture $11,926,421 United States and Canada
1981 Superman II $14,100,523 United States and Canada
1982 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan $14,347,221 United States and Canada
1983 Return of the Jedi $23,019,618 United States and Canada
1984 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom $25,337,110 United States and Canada
1987 Beverly Hills Cop II $26,348,555 United States and Canada
1989 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade $29,355,021 United States and Canada
1989 Ghostbusters II $29,472,894 United States and Canada
1989 Batman $40,505,884 United States and Canada
1992 Batman Returns $45,687,711 United States and Canada
1993 Jurassic Park $47,026,828 United States and Canada
1995 Batman Forever $52,784,433 United States and Canada
1997 The Lost World: Jurassic Park $72,132,785 United States and Canada
2001 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone $90,294,621 United States and Canada
2002 Spider-Man $114,844,116 United States and Canada
2006 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $135,634,554 United States and Canada
2007 Spider-Man 3 $151,116,516 United States and Canada
2008 The Dark Knight $158,411,483 United States and Canada
2011 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 $169,189,427 United States and Canada
2012 The Avengers $207,438,708 United States and Canada
2015 Jurassic World $208,806,270 United States and Canada
2015 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $247,966,675 United States and Canada
2018 Avengers: Infinity War $257,698,183 United States and Canada

OW Records I attended: "Return of the Jedi", "Ghostbusters II", "Batman", "Batman Returns", "Jurassic Park", "Batman Forever", "The Lost World", "Spider-Man", "Dead Man's Chest", "Spidey 3", "Dark Knight", "The Avengers", "Jurassic World", "Awakens", "Infinity War".  

Thanks for the list, some really surprising entries in there .

• Thanks 1

I just got a "Avengers Endgame Final Battle Cam Rip" video pop up on my YouTube recommended. The thumbnail seemed pretty spoiler-y but thankfully I only got a brief glimpse before I looked away and closed the tab, so I'm really not sure what exactly I saw but I recognized an actor so I guess overall I dodged a bullet.

Still, I'm kinda pissed at YouTube for that. 

• Sad 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I just got a "Avengers Endgame Final Battle Cam Rip" video pop up on my YouTube recommended. The thumbnail seemed pretty spoiler-y but thankfully I only got a brief glimpse before I looked away and closed the tab, so I'm really not sure what exactly I saw but I recognized an actor so I guess overall I dodged a bullet.

One of my friends got an Instagram DM from an anonymous account that just messaged him spoilers (he closed it before he saw anything major luckily).  If anyone wants to see this movie spoiler free, just stay off social media completely.  People are assholes

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rth in the Australia thread:

17 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

OD AEG be Looking around 10.2m(Biggest OD) ,+9% on TFA,+17 on AIW which was public holiday . Day 2 being public holiday going to be huge.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 5

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

One of my friends got an Instagram DM from an anonymous account that just messaged him spoilers (he closed it before he saw anything major luckily).  If anyone wants to see this movie spoiler free, just stay off social media completely.  People are assholes

last year i got the infinity war spoilers reading comments on a totally unrelated not even for movies subreddit like an hour before i saw the movie. seeing endgame in an hour and so far nothing... yet.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Only have about 2.5 hours until I go to an 8 hour shift tonight, then I come home, go to bed, and as soon as I wake up in the morning I shower, eat, then go see Endgame. So hopefully I'm able to stay away from the Internet :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

In India, they are giving YouTube premium free for 3 months, and it has been great. My recommend are videos that I want to watch, almost 100%. Background play is great too. Which makes me think that why my non premium recommend list was shit.

• Astonished 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Only have about 2.5 hours until I go to an 8 hour shift tonight, then I come home, go to bed, and as soon as I wake up in the morning I shower, eat, then go see Endgame. So hopefully I'm able to stay away from the Internet :lol: 

I'm gonna have to stay spoiler free for about...48 more hours?  I'm going at 7 on Friday, but as long I don't accidentally click on the spoiler thread because BOT mobile fucks me over then I should probably be ok

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

last year i got the infinity war spoilers reading comments on a totally unrelated not even for movies subreddit like an hour before i saw the movie. seeing endgame in an hour and so far nothing... yet.

Ooof, so sorry that happened to you!  I still have another 49 hours 😣😣 I probably shouldn't even be on here!

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm gonna have to stay spoiler free for about...48 more hours?  I'm going at 7 on Friday, but as long I don't accidentally click on the spoiler thread because BOT mobile fucks me over then I should probably be ok

Going to work tomorrow night would have been hell