Eric the Fall Guy

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

78 at MC with 44 reviews.

88 - Black Panther
79 - Iron Man

78 - Avengers: End Game

76 - Guardians of Galaxy
75 - Captain America: Civil War
74 - Thor Ragnarok
73 - Spiderman: Homecoming
72 - Doctor Strange
70 - Captain America: Winter Soldier
70 - Ant Man and the Wasp

Rest is under 70.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My local (real) IMAX 3D is always rammed for new releases. 

IMAX would be rammed if it was 2D or 3D.

Regular 3D is definitely on the decline, the cinemas around me only have a couple of 3D showings of most films during their opening week and then they drop it entirely in favour of 2D by the second week. At my nearest Cineworld there’s only 4 regular 3D showings of EG per day compared to around 30-40 2D shows. The only way to watch it in 3D there tonight at midnight is to see the IMAX or 4DX show.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

88 - Black Panther
79 - Iron Man

78 - Avengers: End Game

76 - Guardians of Galaxy
75 - Captain America: Civil War
74 - Thor Ragnarok
73 - Spiderman: Homecoming
72 - Doctor Strange
70 - Captain America: Winter Soldier
70 - Ant Man and the Wasp

Rest is under 70.

I just rewatched Black Panther on Sunday and I can't at all figure out why it was rated so high by critics 🤔

It's a decent flick, but it's very formulaic and it has terrible CG(mainly in the final battle). Not a huge of fan of MBJ's portrayal of Killmonger either.

36 minutes ago, jedijake said:

EG's ability to hit $300 million depends on the % occupancy for all seats available. Some quick VERY rough estimates.

4500 (theaters) x $9 (per ticket) x 250 (average seats per theater)x 10 (Thursday showings average per theater)=$101 million (thursday ROUGH total seats available)

For Thursday:

80%=$81 mill

75%=$76 million

70%=$71 million

65%=$66 million

60%=$61 million

For Friday-Sunday the showings probably go up to around 15 per theater (average)

So....that's $151 million if all tickets are sold.

70%=$106 million.

65%=$98 million

60%=$90 million

Sunday and Friday will be a bit lower than Saturday so reasonable numbers may look like...

Thursday: $60-$65 million

Friday: $70-$75 million

Saturday $85-$90 million

Sunday: $70-$80 million (I've spoken to a LOT of people who either had to "wait" until Sunday or just can't even land a ticket on Sunday).

Now, my estimates for numbers of seats, price, and numbers of theaters may be off but not by a horrible amount.

$60 + $70 + $85 +$70=$285 million

$65+ $75 + $90 + $80=$310 million.

Average=$297.5 million

People who now say that $300 million is impossible don't understand what is happening.

The average seat per theater is way too large...especially in the age of reserved recliners...none of my local 12s have any screens that seat more than 200 (they are both recliner) - their largest theaters are between 175-185 seats...and they only have 2 of those (and then they drop to 110-125 max)...I could go around my metro, and find only 1-2 theaters with theaters bigger than 250 (to make up for all the shows with less), and even then, they have 1-2 screens with them...

1 minute ago, Ars said:

I just rewatched Black Panther on Sunday and I can't at all figure out why it was rated so high by critics 🤔

It's a decent flick, but it's very formulaic and it has terrible CG(mainly in the final battle). Not a huge of fan of MBJ's portrayal of Killmonger either.

In terms of Themes and connecting to our actual world it was perhaps the best in the MCU and critics like that kind of stuff.

I would say superhero fans perfer IW over BP but I find non superhero fans like BP more because of the themes really resonate to reality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taruseth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Records IW won't break as that question was brought up in this, it should be noted though that a movie that breaks total gross records in every countery would probably gross in excess of $4B.

When you think the best performing US movies have been doing 70% OS and OS is actually 20 times the size of the US.....

I think the capacity WW could be double/triple/quadruple that.

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

In terms of Themes and connecting to our actual world it was perhaps the best in the MCU and critics like that kind of stuff.

I would say superhero fans perfer IW over BP but I find non superhero fans like BP more because of the themes really resonate to reality. 

Hmmm I wouldn't be surprised if that's probably it.

For some reason Black Panther never clicked with me like it has for others, I thought maybe my hype and expectations were too high when it was first released, but I was disappointed that I felt the same way on the rewatch as I did when I first watched it in theatres.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AndyK said:

When you think the best performing US movies have been doing 70% OS and OS is actually 20 times the size of the US.....

I think the capacity WW could be double/triple/quadruple that.

Theoretically speaking, yeah as Europe is lazy compared to the US.

Example Germany vs Dom:

Pop.: 82.8m vs 364.2m (USA + Can) (*4.4)

BIP: 4.1t vs 22.7t (*5.5)

$: 1.05b vs 11.893B (*11.3, though last year was incredibly weak, 2017: 1.2b vs 11.07b (*9.2))

So theoretically movie market in Germany should be around 2b, though their occasionally are movies where Germany in comparison is rather good (Avatar 162m vs 760m (*4.7)).

And Asia, South America and Africa have a lot of room to grow.

1.3b people are living in Africa but the BIP is just around $2b and the gross they add to movies is probably barely noticeable.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 2