Eric Prime

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

Honestly, folks need to move on. No need to keep bringing up a member who doesn't post here anymore. First he can't defend himself and two it's derailing this thread, it's best we talk about Monday number.

So let's talk about 36-40 Monday number, on a non-holiday which is just crazy bonkers.:ohmygod:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 9
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Deadline HAS to be baking those 2nd weekend numbers on something right? Don't they usually underestimate, especially when it comes to non-opening weekends? Those numbers are extremely out of character.

Very simple numbers. 

Step 1: Give it BP’s drop from true FSS  

Step 2: +- 10M  

:ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

It shows you how insane this is. Wasn’t long ago where 200+M OW was the big thing. Then it was 250M, but 300 was always the “impossible”. This film just destroyed all logic.

This weekend seems to be bringing everyone out to this forums again.

Great to see you here again Kelli, it's been long time no see.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

The movie is doing great and yet we’re focusing on a user who wore out his welcome very quickly 

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

Honestly, folks need to move on. No need to keep bringing up a member who doesn't post here anymore. First he can't defend himself and two it's derailing this thread, it's best we talk about Monday number.

I’ve been away from this site for awhile due to life reasons, but I agree with these sentiments. We’re like....witnessing fucking history of box office here guys. Take it all in.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

Endgame‘s second weekend is poised to be a record, beating Force Awakens ($149.2M); we’re hearing $180M-$200M at this point in time, which is between -45% and -50%.

Weekend thread time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Now is the time to join my Endgame 2nd Weekend > IM3 Opening Weekend Club!

TBH, the real goal is over Age of Ultron.  😈

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

This weekend seems to be bringing everyone out to this forums again.

Great to see you here again Kelli, it's been long time no see.  

I HAD to come here after seeing these numbers. A shame I wasn’t able to be here more for it like I used too. However I had to literally work three straight doubles in a row: friday 16 hours, sat 14 hours, and sunday 11.5 hours 😭😭😭  

It feels great to be here though. Sorry for lack of posts, I got busy with life for both work but also good reasons. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, VenomXXR said:

So, using Charlie/RTH/Deadline as guidance....

$357.1m - OW
$38m - M

$36.5m - T

$27m - W
$25.5m - Th

$180m - 2W

$664m in 10 days...

I'm losing my damn mind here!

Just now, VenomXXR said:

$357.1m - OW
$38m - M

$36.5m - T

$27m - W
$25.5m - Th

$180m - 2W

$664m in 10 days...

Passes Infinity War in 10 days? Lolcopter. What is this movie??

:ohmygod:

• Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yep, my issue was also with how high pre-sales could be. But during the weekend it managed to do higher than what pre-sales heavy films, read Star Wars did, which gives me confidence for that 40.

Hopefully your projection comes true and we see 40.152M.:ph34r:

Edited by druv10
Wrong number

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Deadline HAS to be basing those 2nd weekend numbers on something right? Don't they usually underestimate, especially when it comes to non-opening weekends? Those numbers are extremely out of character.

I mean, Deadline has a hard enough time predicting how the weekend will go when they have access to early Friday numbers.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

$357.1m - OW
$38m - M

$36.5m - T

$27m - W
$25.5m - Th

$180m - 2W

$664m in 10 days...

A little over-performance (and what are the chances of that 😏) and Endgame could pass IW's total by Sunday.

• Astonished 1

Just now, K1stpierre said:

I HAD to come here after seeing these numbers. A shame I wasn’t able to be here more for it like I used too. However I had to literally work three straight doubles in a row: friday 16 hours, sat 14 hours, and sunday 11.5 hours 😭😭😭  

It feels great to be here though. Sorry for lack of posts, I got busy with life for both work but also good reasons. 🙂

I also went AWOL for a while if you remember, Brie Larson brought me back permanently this year. 

Speaking of I am only here for CM's number. Where is it?  

• Like 1