sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

40 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

But i wanted to talk about Toph and why shes the best character in the show :(

Assuming that you mean “best except for the one character who is so overwhelmingly best that they transcend rankings entirely” this is a very good take.

• Like 1

A group of friends of mine who literally watch one movie a year and that's 100% summer or Christmas told me we should watch Endgame. lol

Reading the group chat messages they decided they'll go next weekend because "The theater's gonna be a slaughterhouse this weekend"

You people should chill. It's gonna have great legs

MCU fans are all ecstatic about this movie and are all 100% seeing it again

Casuals really like it, everybody's saying how blown away the were

Indifferent people are all so curious because of the hype and peer pressure, many have seen it or will see it in the future. I only have one friend who doesn't wanna see Endgame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, American Pie is better said:

A group of friends of mine who literally watch one movie a year and that's 100% summer or Christmas told me we should watch Endgame. lol

Reading the group chat messages they decided they'll go next weekend because "The theater's gonna be a slaughterhouse this weekend"

You people should chill. It's gonna have great legs

MCU fans are all ecstatic about this movie and are all 100% seeing it again

Casuals really like it, everybody's saying how blown away the were

Indifferent people are all so curious because of the hype and peer pressure, many have seen it or will see it in the future. I only have one friend who doesn't wanna see Endgame.

I expect the legs past the 5th or 6th weekend to be way better than IW. I could be wrong but I'm with you. 

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Underwhelming Friday could suggest what I predicted. The Force Awakens can rest easy now but it's premature cause there's still today and tomorrow.

and the whole run, we should start to judge at least after the 3 weekend is over

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Watched a third time with cousins

Lol I seen this movie twice in 12 hours.

It's amazing but enough now

Amc alist I'm thinking

Dolby

IMAX

IMAX 3D

So 5 times total

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

and the whole run, we should start to judge at least after the 3 weekend is over

I mean no matter what happens from this point on, it's run has already been incredible.

• Like 3

I'll admit that I'm just a little disappointed that the second weekend record might not fall, but Endgame is still performing incredibly well. A fall in the high-50s after burning off as much demand as this one did early on is understandable.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

C’mon Baumer, you’re supposed to be one of the level-headed wait until there’s enough data before saying things too certainly types. Saturday would need to have a pretty meh bump to call it before the 3rd weekend.

Yeah I know people are being quite silly about this. For me I'm not gonna make a prediction of 937 until after the 4th weekend. Imo it could do 100+ million more after that weekend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah I know people are being quite silly about this. For me I'm not gonna make a prediction of 937 until after the 4th weekend. Imo it could do 100+ million more after that weekend.

If the 3rd weekend drops big, it might be callable by then. But there’s also a scenario where Endgame keeps doing just enough each week that TFA is always in the “hard but can’t quite be ruled out” zone week 5, 6, 6, 10, etc.   

That’s how it was with BP and 700M, for instance.

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

Any idea what contributed to the weak bump for Friday? The WOM has been fantastic so I don't really get it. 

Two theories I’ve seen floated in this thread  that seem reasonable enough to me are:  

1) now that the super rush has died down, the 3 hour runtime is taking a toll on evening shows, since a 10PM Endgame showing gets out as late as e.g. an 11PM CM showing.   

2) now that the super rush has died down, people are putting a premium on seeing it in PLF. More people who wanted to book a PLF on Friday and saw all the good seats gone went “I’ll book another PLF later” vs “fine, we’ll watch it standard format tonight” than normal.      

We’ll never really know all the factors that went into it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Any idea what contributed to the weak bump for Friday? The WOM has been fantastic so I don't really get it. 

Majority of audience don't go see a 3 hour movie multiple times. Once is enough and they rushed cause of the fear of being spoiled.

The Russo's are even using some great marketing telling everyone that starting Monday it's safe to talk about spoilers for Endgame.

• Like 2