sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

The ironic thing was, I was about to come into this thread saying how great it was to see people, 20 years later, saying they won't take shit anymore for loving a movie that others hate.

(all the love for The Phantom Menace online today) 

Just wanted to say that it was refreshing to see people stand up, proclaim they love a movie, and not give two pieces of crap if others hate it.  As well as maybe observe that folks don't HAVE to shit on a movie just because someone else says they love it.

And then I walk into THAT.  Like rain on your wedding day, I suppose.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

Meh your post was quite mild. The fact that someone brought up your age is the despicable thing here but whatever. I was banned because some kid that does tracking did it all wrong about endgame , ignoring a gazillion tickets it had presold before the last week prior to ow and comparing it to other movies just for the last 4 days before ow and telling everybody to be conservative. I posted one line about how this is  wrong, he threw a long tantrum (about children’s films and whatever) , I replied with another single line post telling him that if he doesn’t have the time he should stop , he threw another tantrum with a looooong post that ended with a “fuck you” declaring himself a......bad ass while begging the mods to ban me, I replied with 4-5 words saying that i don’t care, the mob chimed in and i was banned.

Funny thing I turned out to be right about his mistake on the  “tracking” method he used (since endgame did a crazy ow) and it’s not that I care about my ban or anything (not even posting here much if at all) but it was a nice example about how these people that were so offended with baumer’s post operate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I like cookies.

Hide contents

e8198dd2-770b-4c7c-a748-ca7538cf48d0.jpg

Hide contents

What? Did you expect something clever?

tenor.gif?itemid=5771261

Spoiler

Was ACTUALLY going to post the "you're a monster" clip from TFA, but I decided at the last second this was better thematically. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Transformers 2

Transformers 3

Armageddon

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

All kinds of shitty horror movies

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

These are just some of the movies I love that I have taken flack for over the years.  So many time people have ridiculed me for having "strange taste in film" or I get the comment, "baumer you sure are unique."  And I don't complain or get upset when people tell me I'm crazy for liking what I like.  No one should really care what anyone else thinks of whatever film you like.  We all have different opinions and we all like what we like.  Getting upset or calling someone a bully because they tell you that a certain film sucks, is pretty immature.  Why some of you care so much when ONE person hates a film you like, is really confounding.

Try being me from 2008-2012 when I professed my love for Twilight.  :rofl:  So don't get so worked up because I hated US.  :)

Armageddon is Michael Bay at his best. 

its so over the top but so satisfying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Armageddon is Michael Bay at his best. 

its so over the top but so satisfying. 

The Rock is the only tolerable Bay film. The others are all varying degrees of dreadful.

• Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

Transformers 2

Transformers 3

Armageddon

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

These are just some of the movies I love that I have taken flack for over the years.  So many time people have ridiculed me for having "strange taste in film" or I get the comment, "baumer you sure are unique."  And I don't complain or get upset when people tell me I'm crazy for liking what I like.  No one should really care what anyone else thinks of whatever film you like.  We all have different opinions and we all like what we like.  Getting upset or calling someone a bully because they tell you that a certain film sucks, is pretty immature.  Why some of you care so much when ONE person hates a film you like, is really confounding.

Try being me from 2008-2012 when I professed my love for Twilight.  :rofl:  So don't get so worked up because I hated US.  :)

Now your Batman rant makes so much sense!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

Transformers 2

Transformers 3

Armageddon

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Hahahaha i  understand everything BUT the twilight films. 

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Haha 1

The story with me in Twilight goes like this:

In the summer of 2009 after I had seen the original Twilight and thought it was fine but nothing great, I picked up the first book and within about 25 pages I was completely hooked. That summer I spent two weeks at my buddy's cottage and I read the first three books in those two weeks while sipping on beer and getting a suntan in a boat.

I finished the last two books before New Moon came out and that was it for me I was completely enamored with the mythology that Stephanie Meyers created. I loved the volturi. I loved that there was a ruling class of vampires and I love that she gave each vampire their own special power. I know it's not a story that appeals to a lot of guys but I just got it, I just understood it.

I thought new moon was much better than Twilight. I thought eclipse was one of the best movies of 2010. I thought the first part of breaking Dawn was a bit too much filler but breaking Dawn Part 2, especially the way they did Alice's vision and the subsequent fight at the end that really didn't take place at all, to be quite brilliant.

I will stand up for Twilight probably until the day I die. Like I said I don't expect anybody else to understand it but I just adored the books and the movies.

Ok....deflector shields are up. Fire away lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The Phantom Menace did not disappoint me as much as others. I have a friend who was disappointed on first viewing, but I saw it 4 times in the theater and only later did it sink in that it was a mess.

The ironic thing is that Episode I may be the best-looking of the prequels. It was shot on film, it used actual sets, and it had the most miniature work of the three.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

The problem Maximum Avery is from within, within yourself. What you deem right and wrong is so detatched from reality that you believe any backlash against the Disney's perfect MCU is heracy. I'm not a bad person and I'm not doing bad things, you are not worthy of judging me.

Na na.. looky here Jbilbo xD you aint getting away this time... disney and mcu? Gugoolygoogoo ^^... ... and ...... a ......... ahhhh... thanks for pulling my finger Jbilbo TTVOMJ

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Maximum Avery said:

Na na.. looky here Jbilbo xD you aint getting away this time... disney and mcu? Gugoolygoogoo ^^... ... and ...... a ......... ahhhh... thanks for pulling my finger Jbilbo TTVOMJ

oh dear it's malfunctioning

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

In the summer of 2009 after I had seen the original Twilight and thought it was fine but nothing great, I picked up the first book and within about 25 pages I was completely hooked. That summer I spent two weeks at my buddy's cottage and I read the first three books in those two weeks while sipping on beer and getting a suntan in a boat.

I finished the last two books before New Moon came out and that was it for me I was completely enamored with the mythology that Stephanie Meyers created. I loved the volturi. I loved that there was a ruling class of vampires and I love that she gave each vampire their own special power. I know it's not a story that appeals to a lot of guys but I just got it, I just understood it.

I thought new moon was much better than Twilight. I thought eclipse was one of the best movies of 2010. I thought the first part of breaking Dawn was a bit too much filler but breaking Dawn Part 2, especially the way they did Alice's vision and the subsequent fight at the end that really didn't take place at all, to be quite brilliant.

I will stand up for Twilight probably until the day I die. Like I said I don't expect anybody else to understand it but I just adored the books and the movies.

That the movies made together worldwide $3,343.8bn is enough to tell you, that you are not alone in this love affair baumer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tawasal said:

@baumer I believe you loved TDK, and that is all I need from you. :lol:

Best movie ever 2008 and one of my top 25 films of all time.

• Like 2

I honestly feel like people hate on the Twilight movies cause it's the cool thing to do. Now I don't think they're master pieces or anything but I ended up watching all of them within the past year and I was expecting some dumpster fire films based on the rep they have but they were actually fairly decent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

To be honest I don’t even have words that can express my horror about the few twilight films that my, then, girlfriend dragged me to watch at the theater.

• Thanks 1