sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

7 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Pirates 3 was actually considered a disappontment, heh. Presales and tracking were actually Spider-Man 3, and that Saturday drop was a pretty big shock considering the Thursday previews.

Huh, I didn't know that. Must have gone even further back then.

1 minute ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

Not happening as Godzilla is about to straight up murder Aladdin.

Dont choke on the Disney d*ck now

Don't fight trolling/toxicity with toxicity.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Pirates 3 was actually considered a disappontment, heh. Presales and tracking were actually Spider-Man 3, and that Saturday drop was a pretty big shock considering the Thursday previews.

Wasn't a shock to excel. 😎

15 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Screw Aladdin, Booksmart is fantastic. How's it doing? 

Not good :( Which sucks because I have heard great things about it. I'm gonna go watch it next weekend after my last final 

It’s funny to me that there’s been an Aladdin vs. Godzilla thing going on. The movies are so different, they’ll both be fine if the GA like them. There’s no need to get upset about either or hope for one to fail. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It’s funny to me that there’s been an Aladdin vs. Godzilla thing going on. The movies are so different, they’ll both be fine if the GA like them. There’s no need to get upset about either or hope for one to fail. 

Yeah. This. It's amusing though.

8 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I can probably speak only for me and like 4 other Godzilla stans here but we're just ... worried about KOTM. That film is an absolute dream come true, it represents everything we could have possibly ever hoped for - but if it fails at the box office, that might mean the definitive end for the MonsterVerse after Godzilla vs Kong. And Aladdin breaking out means more competition for Godzilla.

Im beeing honest now. I personally coundt care less about these Disney live-action remakes and i absolutely would have been happy to see Aladdin flop. Normally id never root against a films box office, normally thats just absurd. But i just hope that everything goes right for Godzilla. An underperforming Aladdin might have benefited it a bit.

Now Aladdin looks to be a very solid moneymaker. Which just means im gonna be more worried the next few days. And now you can all call me silly and a fanboy. And you would be right but im not ashamed to say the truth lol.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Menor said:

So...7-26-31-28-22 = 114...maybe?

33m Fri would certainly be something considering expectations.  Be interested to see just what our Asgardian Gods have to say later tonight.

Aladdin is starting to blow up around here and is looking great for the rest of the long holiday weekend. Should debut with $105-110M over the 4-day frame with a good chance of finishing with $250M+. Another win for the House of Mouse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

I can probably speak only for me and like 4 other Godzilla stans here but we're just ... worried about KOTM. That film is an absolute dream come true, it represents everything we could have possibly ever hoped for - but if it fails at the box office, that might mean the definitive end for the MonsterVerse after Godzilla vs Kong. And Aladdin breaking out means more competition for Godzilla.

Im beeing honest now. I personally coundt care less about these Disney live-action remakes and i absolutely would have been happy to see Aladdin flop. Normally id never root against a films box office, normally thats just absurd. But i just hope that everything goes right for Godzilla. An underperforming Aladdin might have benefited it a bit.

Now Aladdin looks to be a very solid moneymaker. Which just means im gonna be more worried the next few days. And now you can all call me silly and a fanboy. And you would be right but im not ashamed to say the truth lol.

At the risk of adding to the worry, glare more at WB for not lifting the review embargo a bit earlier than planned and worry less about Aladdin connecting with families. :)

As someone with little attachment to Godzilla, put me in the camp of They Can Easily Co-exist.  Especially with the way KotM is dominating PLF screens.

• Like 8

Just now, filmlover said:

Aladdin is starting to blow up around here and is looking great for the rest of the long holiday weekend. Should debut with $105-110M over the 4-day frame with a good chance of finishing with $250M+. Another win for the House of Mouse.

Woudnt 250M+ mean defeat for the club of @That One Guy

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

At the risk of adding to the worry, glare more at WB for not lifting the review embargo a bit earlier than planned and worry less about Aladdin connecting with families. :)

As someone with little attachment to Godzilla, put me in the camp of They Can Easily Co-exist.  Especially with the way KotM is dominating PLF screens.

WB being annoying with the embargo is probably partly because of Aladdin though. Not fully and I have a...theory in my head as to why which I'm hoping isn't true. But I'll only see if it is once the embargo finally gets lifted.

Just now, Porthos said:

The Jurassic World - Inside Out and Fallen Kingdom - Incredibles 2 weeks do give me hope and its certainly true that KOTM and Aladdin are very different films. But i cant help myself, ive been extremely nervous for weeks now lol

• Like 1