sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

Decent preview. The heavy fan frontload thing is kind of silly to me. Shin Godzilla made under 2m total and was straight up released where only fans knew about it. Obviously yes the Thursday showings are fan oriented but we’ll see how today develops. It actually has good WOM from the GA.... so lets see how it plays out. Hopefully it can get over 60m for the weekend.

Meg wasn't a sequel and legged it to 3.2x+ multi. KOTM is a sequel to a movie that did 2.15x. Can't expect the same preview to ow ratio. Low-mid 50s is probably likely but high-40s won't shock me either.

1 minute ago, a2k said:

Meg wasn't a sequel and legged it to 3.2x+ multi. KOTM is a sequel to a movie that did 2.15x. Can't expect the same preview to ow ratio. Low-mid 50s is probably likely but high-40s won't shock me either.

That would be a terrible previews-OW ratio lol. It should be higher than 9x.

I ain’t lying when I say I heard claps at the end of my showing yesterday. People really seemed to enjoy it. I heard a lot of excitement for Godzilla vs Kong too even for one of my friends that sorta enjoyed Godzilla KOTM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Rocketman deserves to be a success but it was never going to be Bohemian Rhapsody 2.0 just because it’s a very different movie, with a $40m budget, it could do $200-250m WW and still be considered a success.