Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Meanwhile the actual Endgame final result is being decided by a Cameron/Feige chess-boxing match in Iger’s penthouse.

always sunny conspiracy GIF

Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard at that part.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

One thing in Endgame's favor - I do not think it has gotten its cheap theater run yet, either...and that's a recipe to keep making small back over and over all summer...heck, my cheapo just got Captain Marvel 2 weeks ago...

Yes, I was going to mention second run/discount theaters in my initial post that I never typed up.

They've declined over the last decade, but they're still around.  Our local discount theater right now has:

Detective Pikachu

Poms

Long Shot

Uglydollls

Shazam!

Dumbo

Problem is, they've really declined in even the last five years. But it might boost it up a bit where every dollar helps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is there actually a debate going on in here over whether or not EG is gonna close on the 11th? Lmfao, IW played until Sep 9th with lower grosses and the same home media release dates. EG is not just gonna leave every theater in a week. 

If you are referring to me, I said that that the rereleased version of EG will be out of cinemas and the movie will go back to its normal theatre count. Of course the movie will only be out of cinemas completely in September.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This crap needs out of these threads. Just a bunch of sniping and baiting. Complete waste. Can there be special thread for the EG's pursuit of #1 WW all-time to bottle most of this nonsense? Is there already?

I thought Endgame had already bottled it? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

preemptive site bans for anyone who instigates it. Thread bans for folks who responds. Everyone would stop then.

Honestly I probably deserve a ban from this weekend thread for responding so much, but I would be in full support of this. I also agree Endgame and this number one pursuit should get a thread of its own. Like a combination of fanboy wars and all the other Endgame threads. Just let people say whatever in there as long as it is not harassing or mean.

1 minute ago, Doctor Stark said:

Honestly I probably deserve a ban from this weekend thread for responding so much, but I would be in full support of this. I also agree Endgame and this number one pursuit should get a thread of its own. Like a combination of fanboy wars and all the other Endgame threads. Just let people say whatever in there as long as it is not harassing or mean.

I know I do and will gladly accept it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

Just now, Doctor Stark said:

Ban everyone who posted on this thread. Would solve the problem tbh.

• Haha 2

So back on topic (the actual topic), it looks like Toy Story 4 could end up neck-a-neck with Toy Story 3 by the end of next week. On the low-end it should have about $290 million by Sunday night, of course I'm hoping for more, especially with the 4th of July week hopefully giving it a boost. For reference 4th of July landed on Toy Story 3's 3rd weekend, on Sunday, so the following Monday was boosted in that case. So if Sunday night next week the two are neck-a-neck, by the end of Monday (not tomorrow, the one after) Toy Story 3 should move ahead.

But if Toy Story 4 plays better this week and gets a bigger boost on Friday (4th of July is on Thursday, so Friday will be the biggest day of the week for the animation) than it might stave off the attack a bit longer. I'll be honest, I'm not as optimistic about $400+ million in North America now, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers. And who knows, maybe this week will be outstanding and it ends up hitting $300 million on Sunday, its 17th day. So yeah, that's the range we're looking at for Toy Story 4 by Day 17th, $290-300 million.

• Like 1

Off topic, but this is HUGE;

Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, ABC's The Catch, Grey's Anatomy) is set to write and serve as showrunner on the straight-to-series drama. Gaiman, who created the ongoing monthly comic, will exec produce alongside David Goyer. Gaiman and Goyer were both attached to New Line's most recent attempts to adapt Sandman for the big screen. 

Netflix and Warners declined comment as a formal deal has not yet closed. An episode count was not immediately available.

The Netflix take represents the first Sandman TV series after numerous efforts to adapt Gaiman's horror, fantasy and mythology tale about Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams, and the Endless, the powerful group of siblings that includes Destiny, Death, Destruction, Despair, Desire and Delirium (as well as Dream).

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sandman-tv-series-neil-gaiman-david-goyer-a-go-at-netflix-1220761

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think Toy Stoy 4 is a bit of casualty of Aladdin and then Lion King coming. I saw Aladdin in premium format, may not even see TS4 in theaters. Lion King in premium format.

Unfortunate but probably true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This crap needs out of these threads. Just a bunch of sniping and baiting. Complete waste. Can there be special thread for the EG's pursuit of #1 WW all-time to bottle most of this nonsense? Is there already?

There is that "admission estimation" thing which I have a feeling didn't get the effect Charlie intended, so now it's lingering in The Speakeasy, kind of forgotten.

Edited by NCsoft

13 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think Toy Stoy 4 is a bit of casualty of Aladdin and then Lion King coming. I saw Aladdin in premium format, may not even see TS4 in theaters. Lion King in premium format.

You really should see it. It’s fantastic. One of the movies of the year. 

I really enjoyed Aladdin, but it’s nowhere near TS4 league.  Couldn’t recommend it more highly. 

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

54 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Who knew making a movie that's so close to usurping Avatar would cause so much shit?

It's a forum where people choose movies like sports teams and this is basically the all-time Super Bowl trophy. I'm surprised there haven't been any murders yet!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm sure the casting debates will be level headed and reasonable.  Especially for Morpheus and Death. 👍

I wonder if Levitt would still be a choice. I see some people claiming this will bomb and that Netflix will soon cancel it. Those saying that clearly haven’t read what the article entails. This has the potential to become as big if not bigger than Stranger Things, and with Warner stupidly passing the project, it’s implied that it was sold for a considerable amount of money. Netflix is making it impossible for me to leave once Disney + hits around here.

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

You really should see it. It’s fantastic. One of the movies of the year. 

I really enjoyed Aladdin, but it’s nowhere near TS4 league.  Couldn’t recommend it more highly. 

I think there is zero chance TS4 even sniffs Aladdin for me. My daughter absolutely loved it and it made the experience the best I've had all year.

I enjoyed seeing Aladdin more than I did End Game the first time. However, I think I will try to see it for cheap at the AMC close with my daughter as she will like TS4 too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

It's a forum where people choose movies like sports teams and this is basically the all-time Super Bowl trophy. I'm surprised there haven't been any murders yet!

Strange but true story.

I was a massive college football/sports fan. I spent $10k on tickets/tailgating/sporting events in 2016. I now spend zero and haven't watched a game live since that year. Going to my first college football game in 2020 when my old team travels to California.