Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

PostTrak exists for Midsommar ( based on that, it seems it might get a better CinemaScore than Hereditary )

"Early exits are 3 stars, and a 50% definite recommend. Males over 25 at 42% were the majority, followed by females over 25 (23%), males under 25 (21% — they liked the Aster pic the most at 78%) and females under 25 at 14%. The 18-34 set repped 74% of the audience"

8 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

27M it is then. I still think 180M is possible. 400M will be tough, but over/under Guardians 2 is enough for 1.1B.

I don't see how.  If you follow ASM in 2012, it gets to about 150.  I'm betting on 160.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't see how.  If you follow ASM in 2012, it gets to about 150.  I'm betting on 160.

150m over 6 days will put 300m at risk(though Studio would push it over once its close). 160m would not be enough to beat homecoming domestic. I was thinking closer to 170m but would like to see numbers for couple of days too firm it. As I said earlier its not making more than 350m at this point.

Still OS gross ensures this has a great run. 700m OS is looking good.

• Like 1

I have to believe this iteration of Spidey skews too young. Otherwise I have no clue as to why it wouldn't be exploding to much bigger heights. This is showing the character is clearly not in any position to be leading the MCU post Iron Man, if that's what they were hoping. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I thought the Endgame factor would have a bigger effect on this since Spidey's actually in the movie unlike with Ant-Man in Infinity War. But maybe 2 months just is too soon?

the only thing "too soon" is trying to make any conclusion from just 1 day of playing in theaters. ;)

• Like 5

I’ve only been at this 18 months or so and I already already feel the urge to shout “patience” on basically every page XD   

Especially with a Tues July 2nd opening. This is the first Tues July 2nd opening of this millennia people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Wait, so are you arguing for or against this hitting Homecoming numbers? 

I have it getting to 350.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’ve only been at this 18 months or so and I already already feel the urge to shout “patience” on basically every page XD   

Especially with a Tues July 2nd opening. This is the first Tues July 2nd opening of this millennia people.

Thank you! There's no precedent. FFH is going to be the precedent for any movie that opens the same way in the future (Jul 2 falls on Tuesday). There's no way of knowing if this is normal, under normal or over normal. 

Already flopping like Homecoming did expecting actual to go lower and lower since its Charlie the actuals are more likely to be 20-22

The first billion dollar spidey movie is dying on it arse just like Homecoming did

Edited by Ryaner90
  • ...wtf 4
  • Knock It Off 13

4 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

Already flopping like Homecoming did expecting actual to go lower and lower

Whose alt are you? Spamming on here and Reddit, I don’t understand what your goal is with these obviously false narratives. I’m sick of you morons saying dumb crap and feeling validated for absolutely no reason. This opening and its legs are so unprecedented and so unpredictable. Homecoming didn’t flop, neither will this. Not even close. GTFO.

• Like 1