Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

1 minute ago, TServo2049 said:

It’s because of the early-Tues-morning $55M with previews projection. People are acting like it’s C R U M B L I N G because it dropped to $39M even though Charlie admitted he got his math wrong.

(Speaking of...can anyone remind me what movie coined the “crumbling” meme?)

Good question......that was a BKB thing for sure but I forget what movie it was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

I keep saying this, we all need to stop saying anything is “locked” because it always, always seems to come back and bite us in the ass. It is as if we’re tempting fate.

Under 500M is locked :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TServo2049 said:

It’s because of the early-Tues-morning $55M with previews projection. People are acting like it’s C R U M B L I N G because it dropped to $39M even though Charlie admitted he got his math wrong.

(Speaking of...can anyone remind me what movie coined the “crumbling” meme?)

Still doesn't top the US previews thread. Holy crap crumbling to best ever in a matter of hours only to later on realize weak legs and fail to beat Get Out despite an OW more than double the size.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That theater count for Godzilla is almost definitely a typo since it lost a bunch yesterday (hence the big drop even with Spider-Man opening).

i think the new tc will show up on fri

7 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Just come back from the movie and see all the fire here. Can anyone tell me that is this because of the 39M OD or some newly disastrous Wed projection?

If the former, hell yeah cry, only 1.1B.

There’s not much crying. It’s that classic BOT phenomenon where more people are griping about how silly it is for people to be disappointed than there are people being disappointed.     

Yeah, still seeing about 1.1s myself, but need another couple of days before being confident.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like 26-28mn today. 

So that would translate to about 175M or something, going by some of the number crunching you made a while back, right?

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Who?

You don't wanna know.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

no, i am saying dont be so sure, bc everything can change and every movie is something special in terms of its run, and stop yelling 

Expectations have to be reasonable. Blockbusters follow pattern. You could once in a blue moon have a movie like Avatar which bucks the trend big time. But that cannot be predicted.

Internet shout bcos I did not see anyone mentioning saturation. It’s a key indicator of legs. No one goes deaf on internet.

Edit: Just saw Charlie's 26-28 estimate

25.0 (going conservative than Charlie's first estimate)

26.5 // July 4th

29.0 (+9.5%)

35.0 (+20%)

28.75 (-18%)

= 183.5

Edited by a2k

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So following TASM's holds so far, just like I expected. 

Also, even if this pulls out great legs and heads to 350, I would still like to know why exactly this shouldn't have been a surefire solid admissions increase over the first? There's no reason this movie shouldn't be hitting 400. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

From full OD almost the same drop as TASM despite that having 4th of July on Wednesday, but that had a higher Preview share. Don't think this will drop 33% tomorrow, really hope it will drop just 15% or so.

Though isn't this an incredibly early estimate like before any important showtimes started in the whole country.

Please don't freak out when the actuals are just 24/25.

Taking a normal approach to the Wend:

39.25m

25m (-36.3%)

21m (-16%)

24m (+14%)

28m (+16%)

22m (-21.4%)

159.25m (74m 3-day Wend)

Or taking in a good 4th July and a higher Wednesday:

39.25m

27m (-31.2%)

27m (+0%)