sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

Spider-Man Far From Home led the top spot once again with an estimated $45.3 million, and a 2nd weekend drop of 51%. It’s second weekend drop was marginally better than Homecoming’s 62% drop.

WTF did I just read? Really, Deadline? On what planet is 51% marginally better than 62%? It's a lot better. A lot. And it could get 50 or 49% with actual.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

WTF did I just read? Really, Deadline? On what planet is 51% marginally better than 62%? It's a lot better. A lot. And it could get 50 or 49% with actual.

Pssshhh, it’s just a 29% bigger weekend. No biggie :rofl:

15 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So this is inevitable at this point right? Surely Disney wouldnt let it get this close and not push it over?

Honestly think it has enough fumes to do it without any further Disney pushing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Sorry but she gets no points from me for stating the bare minimum, certainly not when it's clear that she still believes she should be able to play any role she wants.  She still sounds arrogant and ignorant and should be called on it. 

Are we...are we really suggesting she shouldn't be able to play any role she wants??

What in the actual fuck??? @DAJK you seem to be pretty level headed on these kinds of things; what do you think? If you've already commented I haven't seen, as I don't have the time at the moment to go through the thread. Am I on an island here as usual?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol Sorry but she and whomever helped her with this statement should just be quiet. There is no confrontation between political correctness and art and we don't live an ideal world. She sounds phony on top of being ignorant. 

Of course she's being phony because she likely doesn't see anything wrong with what she originally said and stands by it.

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Are we...are we really suggesting she shouldn't be able to play any role she wants??

What in the actual fuck??? @DAJK you seem to be pretty level headed on these kinds of things; what do you think? If you've already commented I haven't seen, as I don't have the time at the moment to go through the thread. Am I on an island here as usual?

Yeah, how dare anyone think she should pass on roles that should go to Black, Asian, Latina actresses. Ridiculous! We all know how hard it is out here for white actresses, with the very few roles they have and what not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All kidding aside, I will laugh and laugh and laugh if Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is the sole film of the four (Dumbo, Aladdin, TLK) to get a fresh rating on RT this year.  

Oh, don't get me wrong, I know that Aladdin and The Lion King especially will smoke it to hell and back at the box office.  But who would have possibly guessed when Maleficent 2 was moved to this year that it might be the only film in the current set of cartoons to live action to earn a fresh rating over on RT, should TLK just pip under it.

Not I, that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

All kidding aside, I will laugh and laugh and laugh if Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is the sole film of the four (Dumbo, Aladdin, TLK) to get a fresh rating on RT this year. 

Captain Marvel, Maleficent, and Frozen II and REY are coming for those Fresh RTs.  

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Astonished 2

Despite strong mid-June/July summer weekdays taking away from weekends, Aladdin has posted 5 sub-30% drops.

Jun 14–16 3 $17,309,154 -29.9% 3,556 -249 $4,868 $264,043,468 4
Jun 21–23 3 $13,244,015 -23.5% 3,435 -121 $3,856 $288,554,143 5
Jun 28–30 4 $10,114,122 -23.6% 3,235 -200 $3,126 $306,632,068 6
Jul 5–7 5 $7,515,649 -25.7% 2,758 -477 $2,725 $320,705,265 7
Jul 12–14 6 $5,873,000
(Estimate)
-21.9% 2,557 -201 $2,297 $331,489,720
(Estimate)

• Like 1

950 ww is more or less certain for TS4

Is on 771 after 20.7 dom weekend and 48.1 os weekend.

54 more dom for 400 total will give it 825.

110-115 more os after a 48.1 weekend + Germany to come will take it to 950.

Hugely profitable film ... Dom itself will give about 240 theatrical returns and OS about 210 for 450 globally with surely huge auxiliary revenue to follow.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

How dare you throw in that Rey erasure

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Captain Marvel, Maleficent, and Frozen II and REY are coming for those Fresh RTs.  

Fixed.  Sorry.  Scatter Brained at the Moment cause LAUNDRY.  SO MUCH. LAAAAUNDRY.

• Thanks 1