TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lots of discussion around steroids on Twitter this morning because of that picture. 

However big Hemsworth is, The Rock has him beat for pec peculiarity.  Have you *seen* his recent selfies?  I think the steroid-suspicious crowd should look at Mr. Johnson..

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I'd rather have a Thor movie be about the character who was centred in the previous Thor movies. If they want to make it just about Jane/Valkyrie it could have been called "Lady Thunder" or whatever. 

But that’s not her name. That’s not the name they use for her in the comics. Jane is Thor.

Plus I think you could argue that Odinson Is teased less in his own adventures, and more as like the new sidekick to the guardians. He felt more like he should be in guardian three then he should be in his own movie!

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

But that’s not her name. That’s not the name they use for her in the comics. Jane is Thor.

Plus I think you could argue that Odinson Is teased less in his own adventures, and more as like the new sidekick to the guardians. He felt more like he should be in guardian three then he should be in his own movie!

Yes. 

Odinson Thor's arc is pretty much coming to end. His scene with mother was full circle moment. 

Only thread left in his story was his love for Jane Foster and that will be pretty much be resolved in Thor 4. So, it's right in every eay that we get new Thor. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

There was a picture of Hemsworth doing the rounds on reddit recently, and I was shocked to see that his legs were no bigger than mine. It's like he'd ignored them completely.

That image is so weird. Hope he is not pressured by Marvel do go this extreme. Maybe it's for Netflix Hulk Hogan movie

those arms look ugly af. some sort of abomination.

the thor we had was enough. 

anyways, I have faith on Taika but it will take some convincing for Jane to be Thor. if it was Val, that would have been much smoother to dive in and accept. hopefully its not like the shithouse TFATWS was.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 2

TBH I am not really fond of some new characters taking mantle of the past established actors. Captain America character is dead for me, I want nothing of it. Sam is incredibly boring and has zero charm and Jane, not as bad as Sam, was still someone I thought we will be never see again, she was that forgettable. I so wish Val was made Thor if it was to be done.

So if me not being fan of insulting the loved characters with some new faces, the changes they made are awful to begin with. 

Speaking for box office pov, if Hemsworth isn't the main man here, we may be facing downsizing, unless Taika makes it awesome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

17 hours ago, Macleod said:

However big Hemsworth is, The Rock has him beat for pec peculiarity.  Have you *seen* his recent selfies?  I think the steroid-suspicious crowd should look at Mr. Johnson..

They can look at both to be fair. 

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

TBH I am not really fond of some new characters taking mantle of the past established actors. Captain America character is dead for me, I want nothing of it. Sam is incredibly boring and has zero charm and Jane, not as bad as Sam, was still someone I thought we will be never see again, she was that forgettable. I so wish Val was made Thor if it was to be done.

So if me not being fan of insulting the loved characters with some new faces, the changes they made are awful to begin with. 

Speaking for box office pov, if Hemsworth isn't the main man here, we may be facing downsizing, unless Taika makes it awesome.

Though I don't like changing up characters and I still think sam should have remained falcon with the sheild as a new weapon in his arsenal .Sam wasn't bad  as cap with exception of episode 6 where he was  awful and turned into a virtue signalling and forced racial statement.

Thor 4 with taika waititi set to handle  is what gives me confidence in this movie.

As long as thor is not endgame thor and lady jane is fine in her role with dose of fun and action I will be fine.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Hold up I was not aware of this. Spill the deets

This video covers it pretty well, but essentially he keeps plugging his subscription-based fitness app "Centr" and that that's how him and his stunt double (who somehow gained 20 lbs of muscle and dropped to 8% body fat in 8 weeks "naturally) got the way they are

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

those arms look ugly af. some sort of abomination.

I was thread-banned  in Eternals for a week or so on the account of body-shaming for saying something along those lines about Kumail. Both actors look like steroid users  to me so I don't get it why saying so about one was an offense. 

I have no interest in following Sam either cause Cap type has always been boring to me, but Steve had a great dynamic with unpredictable less-than-perfect characters such as Nat and Tony so that helped him. Sam doesn't have that advantage. And thought that FATWS was subpar. I also have no interest in Kate Bishop (SH with no powers or power suit don't really interest me Nat being an exception due to great background) She-Hulk and Ironheart and if Thor:Love&Thunder ends Thor's tenure and continues with Mighty Thor, unless she is as likable and fun as the original Thor, that's it for me. I've never been a fan of the character arc shift where Thor gave up the throne in favor of Valkyrie (why?). It felt so random. Like, we want to have a Fat Thor joke, so lets have him regress and become a drunk (which Valkyrie was originally) for the joke to play out. Whatever. I mena, if they are going to end his run at least give him a good send-off which, IMO, is that he's the front and center of this movie. But we'll see. 

The only "passing the torch" character I'm interested in is Ms Marvel but I don't view her as Carol's replacement because she's going to be the part of Young Avengers. So that's different. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I was thread-banned  in Eternals for a week or so on the account of body-shaming for saying something along those lines about Kumail. Both actors look like steroid users  to me so I don't get it why saying so about one was an offense. 

You mocked the dude’s face for no reason. And while I’m not a fan of people mocking others for your appearance, your tone and language was far worse than Charlie’s. Simple as that really

5 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

You mocked the dude’s face for no reason. And while I’m not a fan of people mocking others for your appearance, your tone and language was far worse than Charlie’s. Simple as that really

I see. Thanks for clarifying the distinction. I thought that face changed due to steroids too but I guess I didn't explain in the post. 

On 6/3/2021 at 4:57 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

I would say...for everyone... wait and see!  To be fair, we have no idea what the story will be here!  It's very possible -- and I'd say even likely -- that Portman is one-more-and-done, here.  She could even be completing a 3-film contract that Marvel had her in originally that she never quite fulfilled, of course.  What if Jane is only really "Thor" for this film, but by the end, does decide to give it up?  Naturally, the best way to end it would be to pass the mantle over to...Valkyrie.  This would I think please almost all corners of this debate.  The Portman fans get their movie, The Valkyrie fans get their Queen and warrior, and of course it looks like Thor himself is back to some traditional look and feel in this one...with Taika's quirky touch adding new nuances, I'm sure.  We know there's going to be LOVE & THUNDER...but I would bet on some TEARS, too...if there is any hint of the comics arc, here...

Edited by Macleod

I thought Loki was later this month, its out already. My plan was to sign up for Disney+ when it releases. I'll sign up on my day off and watch the first two episodes. I'm expecting "okay" production values...the Thor universe being sci-fi/fantasy, I'm always gonna have a problem with frugality of Marvel Studios 🙂. It seems like its grounded into some interrogation setting...whatever they have to do to avoid too much animated (not inanimate) CGI. 

Hope I'm wrong, but Marvel Studios is tv level production company. Thats fine if its...Captain America...Iron Man...human type stories. CGI required to do the Thor universe right just seems out of their league. I'm watching Godzilla, King Kong, AND Mechagodzilla battle on the screen at the SAME time in a Legendary Pictures film...those guys...Thor has has some monstrous enemies and frenemies like Ulik.