TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

June is actually a perfect date for a second trailer. I don't know why they usually release them so far from the date. 

They just have to attach that trailer to Dominion. Boom, 700M+ worth of people will see the trailer.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Maybe they will release the teaser tomorrow in Funko Pop form. That would be something different, eh? Never had that. It would certainly build anticipation.

Moon Knight drops wesnesday, there's no way they will release anything this week, it would overshadow discussions around the TV show on it's debut. 

Let's hope next monday, Disney usually releases trailers monday or tuesday.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Maybe some March Madness thing?

Only two dates left, this coming Sat and the following Mon.

If it's either of them, I'd expect the National Championship Game on Monday.  Slightly complicated in that it's not on a Disney owned network, but that might not stop them if they cared enough.

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Maybe some March Madness thing?

On TBS? I doubt they'd drop the first teaser of a highly anticipated blockbuster on TBS.

Especially that Disney has no connections with TBS.

@Saul GoodmanIf no trailer after Moon Knight (let's say Monday or Tuesday) then it's delayed. As others said, either they are doing something different than every other MCU film or it's delayed.

I still like the idea of doing a Funko Pop teaser first. Totally new approach. And very Taika.

Edited by jedijake

30 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

maybe at NCAA FINAL FOUR ? (April 4)

or Kid's Choice Award? (April 10)

I'm wondering if they will wait DS2 tickets before dropling the trailer 

I could see they dropping on April 4, but then on April 6 they will start the presales for DS2 and probably release a final teaser or something too, i don't know if it will be good to drop such an anticipated trailer just before the tickets for another movie. 

I think the week after next week will be the one.

55 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

maybe at NCAA FINAL FOUR ? (April 4)

or Kid's Choice Award? (April 10)

Again, isn't the final 4 on TBS? Why would they drop the first teaser on TBS of all places? 

Next week is the 3 month mark. They won't go past that. This week was pushing it. Imagine if this happened for a Star Wars movie? Coming up with new goal posts is just giving MCU excuses.

And the week after next week is April 11-15. That is a new type of ridiculousness.

Edited by jedijake

Releasing a teaser/trailer just before DS tickets go on sale doesnt make sense. It will just distract from DS. They are likely to release a short clip or something for DS alongside tickets going on sale. And then perhaps releasing a trailer a week after that in time for FB3 release. 

22 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Releasing a teaser/trailer just before DS tickets go on sale doesnt make sense. It will just distract from DS. They are likely to release a short clip or something for DS alongside tickets going on sale. And then perhaps releasing a trailer a week after that in time for FB3 release. 

On the contrary if tickets go on sale next week, releasing  a teaser after that would distract people. Release the teaser (that's all it would be), let it soak in, and then release tickets for Strange. After next week and it's pretty tardy to the party at that point.

Calling it: Black Panther will move to 2023 and this will slide into its NOV. slot.  This is why we haven't heard anything -- and unlike a certain few other upcoming blockbusters (including Panther II), there have also been no rumors of "problems" here.  Feige and co. will hope that Multiverse rides out the summer with success.  

Edited by Macleod

16 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Calling it: Black Panther will move to 2023 and this will slide into its NOV. slot.  This is why we haven't heard anything -- and unlike a certain few other upcoming blockbusters (including Panther II), there have also been no rumors of "problems" here.  Feige and co. will hope that Multiverse rides out the summer with success.  

Is FB3 the other blockbuster or are you thinking about something else?

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Is FB3 the other blockbuster or are you thinking about something else?

Too many to count lately, right??  No, I was thinking about that guy who runs really, really fast.

14 hours ago, jedijake said:

Again, isn't the final 4 on TBS? Why would they drop the first teaser on TBS of all places? 

because it has massive audiences. last year had 17M viewers.

anyway, whole DS2 presale issue make sense so...