Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

36 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Those would be excellent previews, though I’m not the most trusting of 8PM Deadline.

I am probably drunk and trying to sleep it off before getting in line. I feel like when doing the sets tonight the later shows were still thin compared to the earlier shows. Which is what I have been fixated on for the past couple days. If Cali doesn’t come In nice with those 9pm shows, I think it will land at 22m

46 minutes ago, superduperm said:

So much for poor RT and MC scores lol

audiences liking TLK more than the critics doesn't change any of the validity of the critic's criticisms, if anything you should not try to connect the critical response to the GA's because a critic's job is judging a movie, not telling you how the GA will respond to it. not sure why people keep trying to connect critical reception to audience's when it's been proven numerous times that they're irrelevant to each other (especially when it comes to the box office). like with Aquaman/Venom/Aladdin/Blade Runner etc.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

32 minutes ago, MattW said:

I'd put the baseline for 2021's Batman at about Suicide Squad's level, $130-ish million OW.  From there if the trailers are great add 10-20m, if the reviews are great add another 10-20m, 180 tops, but more likely 140-150.

Agreed. Just because audiences loved TDK doesn't mean they will necessary go gaga for a new version. I just don't see an intense rush factor to warrant a 170+ weekend for that kind of movie, it's not a new hero like Cap Marvel or Black Panther. 150 feels likely though. 

• Like 2